“Amazing views, great food, wonderful people!”

Mackinaw's Bar and Grill
Ranked #17 of 36 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: American
Description: Located at the Grand Elk Marina & Beach Club
Description: Located at the Grand Elk Marina & Beach Club
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The views are amazing! Locally owned & operated by a great family! We went in for two meals & the owners took the time to personally get to know us. The food was great & affordable, around $10 a meal. Overall, a great experience in every aspect!

Reviewed 24 August 2011

My friend's parents own this restaurant, although if she hadn't asked me to work up there (to help because the restaurant hosted a wedding rehersal dinner Friday, Aug. 19, 2011 and catered a wedding the following day) if I was in the area and was unaware of who owned the establishment, I would have chosen Mackinaws to eat at because of the location and the view!

I read the other reviews. I observed the bartender to give excellent service and the wait service to be good. The food that I had was delicious. Friday I ate the Spinich Salad (comes with crasins, nuts, and raspberry vinagrette) and a cup of clam chowder. Saturday I ate a steak and chicken quesadilla and was full the rest of the day!

While working there for 1 and a half days I heard nothing but praise from the guests, some of which were there for their first time others who were repeat visitors. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the views from the windows are beautiful. I am a clean freak and from the kitchen to the dinning room this place is clean. :) The prices appeared resonable to me and there was a good selection of items on the menu. Additionally they have a nice selection of wine. Oh and if you like bloody mary's, the bartender tops them with an asparagus spear, a pepper, olives, lemon and lime!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

While the food was decent, we had the worst service ever!! We waited hours for drinks and food. Waitress was never apologetic and nothing was comped - orders were wrong. And the restaurant isn't as cool as it looks from the outside.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

This is a very friendly restaurant and is the only one we found in the area that is right on the water. The staff has been very friendly and helpful both times we ate there. The food is not quite gourmet but is surprisingly good. We love their fish and chips, and other selections were excellent. They finished our meal with a macadamia cookie right out of the oven, smothered with ice cream and whipped cream. It fed 4 of us for only $5.95. They had live music also that was very good and not intrusive. We would never go to this area without having a meal here.

Reviewed 28 July 2009

Mackinaw's Bar and Grill is the only place we found on Lake Granby that has a lake view. It has good solid food, great service, and nice marina-like atmosphere. We had hamburgersand the fish and chips. Both were great.