“Pleased as always.”

Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Granby
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Rockies the Old-Fashioned way! Open Year-Round, Sombrero Stables on the Snow Mountain Ranch-YMCA property offers 1-4 hour horseback rides, wagons rides, and sleigh rides, seasonally permitting. Also available are our wedding carriage (may be rented for anniversaries or other special occasions as well...), a one-horse-open sleigh, and dining facilities for special occasions. What if everyone rode a horse or wagon to your... Rehearsal Dinner? Birthday celebration? Wedding Anniversary? Let us know your ideas! Family and kid friendly, pony rides available for the young buckaroos.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great horses for a variety of experience levels, friendly staff, and beautiful scenery. Have been many times since 1987 and will still keep coming back.

SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Annabelle, I'm glad we've been able to continue providing the standards of service and horses you expect from Sombrero. I hope we keep seeing you in years to come!

Sarah and the Sombrero Stables Crew

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Our family had a great time on our ride with Sombrero Stables. Everyone was friendly and the ride was beautiful!

1  Thank Peggy W
SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Peggy, Thanks for joining us and taking the time to write a review!

Sarah & the Sombrero Stables Crew

Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

Not knowing how my 6 yr. old daughters would like horseback riding we did a one hour ride the first day. We rode with Sara and she was fantastic. She encouraged and acknowledged our girls and built their confidence. They enjoyed it so much a couple of days later we scheduled a breakfast ride. This was wonderful. The mountains are so pretty in the morning. The food was delicious. Who doesn't love scrambled eggs, bacon and pancakes after a two hour ride? Julianne was our guide and like Sara did a wonderful job helping our "cowgirls". After attending the rodeo in Fraser, we decided one more long ride before heading home. The staff was very accommodating and worked it out that we could go with Julianne again and even include a picnic that we packed, I cannot say enough about all the staff, the sweet horses and the beautiful scenery. You will not be disappointed,

Mary and Anna, you put smiles on our faces! Julianne and I wear our friendship bracelets proudly. (And thanks to your Mom and Dad too for being so grand :)

Sarah, Julianne, and the Sombrero Stables Crew

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Last time I rode a horse in CO I had a fall that broke a couple of ribs. I have been fearful ever since. Sarah at Sombrero took the time and had the patience to help me overcome those fears. She was kind and listened and matched me to great horses (Utah and Fancy). I will be forever grateful. Evan in my nervous state I noticed the trails are beautiful. The guides know what they're doing. I can not wait to go back!

SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Eva, getting you back on a horse outside the arena was the highlight of our week. From Marshall, Erica, and myself, we are all so proud! Looking forward to riding with you for many years to come.

Sarah

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Sombero Stables offers a great "Steak Ride." through Snow Moutain Ranch. The staff are very helpful, curteous and welcoming! My wife and I enjoyed this 2.5 hour ride through the moutains in a downpour that last almost the entire 1.5 hr ride to begin with. The meal was delcious, Sirlion Steak with Seasoned Potatoes and some kind of bread that made to order. I wouldn't change a thing including the awesome rainstorm we were in. The Horses are very well trained and can make the ride for even the most basic/beginner riders truly effortless. There is a carriage that is drivin by Clydesdales, avalible if you have small children or anyone in your party does not feel up to riding a horse. Definately an experience all couples and familes should pursue!

The "Colorado Adventure Rainstorm Ride" has been very popular this year! Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback; we've got a wonderful staff this year and your glowing review of their performance is much appreciated. See you next time...