“Always A Highlight of Our Mountain Vacation”

Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Granby
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Rockies the Old-Fashioned way! Open Year-Round, Sombrero Stables on the Snow Mountain Ranch-YMCA property offers 1-4 hour horseback rides, wagons rides, and sleigh rides, seasonally permitting. Also available are our wedding carriage (may be rented for anniversaries or other special occasions as well...), a one-horse-open sleigh, and dining facilities for special occasions. What if everyone rode a horse or wagon to your... Rehearsal Dinner? Birthday celebration? Wedding Anniversary? Let us know your ideas! Family and kid friendly, pony rides available for the young buckaroos.
Hastings, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Always A Highlight of Our Mountain Vacation”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This place is the best! My family and I always stay at Snow Mountain Ranch each year, and we always do the horse back riding. The breakfast ride is our favorite! The wanglers made sure we got the horses we asked for. The breakfast was fantastic! Pancakes, sausage, eggs, and cowboy coffee! We were sad when it came to be time to head back to the ranch. We will be counting down the days until we come back next year!

Visited July 2013

Thousand Oaks, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great experience.......”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We never rode on any horse in our entire lives, so taking up this venture was very daring thing for me and my hubby. Our daughter takes horse back riding lessons so she was the one who wanted this experience. We are glad we fulfilled her desire :-) We called up front desk the previous evening and encountered not to friendly staff over phone. She was kind of rude and that made me re-think again on our booking. She was emphasizing on the time and she gave us directions to get there. It is not easy to find this place on GPS. When we got there they all seemed friendly. The front desk lady offered to take few pictures, handed our helmets and suggested we take draft horses for our trail rides. I got to ride a huge draft horse 'Bill Bow' and my 5 year daughter was excited to have a pony 'Rapunzel and she kept bragging about her pony for the rest of our trip. Our guide was very nice. Not sure about her name but she said she recently turned 50 :-) We took 1 hr trail ride on the meadows and tree trails. My draft horse had some stomach issues so tried going to the tree bark to rub his bottom. I am glad I had my knee high boots for protection. Our guide kept us engaged by telling tales of the location and the "Eyes" of aspen trees.

Marlborough, Connecticut, Usa
“Accommodating and an incredibly good time”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Absolutely an accommodating place. We arrived earlier than scheduled and were set up to ride in minutes. Our family all has riding experience and horses at home, so our wrangler Debbie quickly formatted a trail ride for experienced riders. Horses were all well broke and not trail sour in the least. Horse care appears to be a great priority as all the stock appeared in good weight and health. We had a really great time and would plan to return again when we are in the area. Thanks for the great day!

Visited September 2013
Mexico, Missouri, United States
“ALWAYS THE HI-LITE OF OUR COLORADO TRIPS”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I took the 4 hour dinner ride yesterday and had a wonderful experience!!! Sara is the best!! Always accommodating to your request of the kind of experience you want to have. She is just cute and totally lovable!!! Our Wrangler was Marshall, who took us on an excellent, off the beaten path ride thru the mountains!! Was very pleasant to spend the afternoon with. They matched us up with horses that were perfect for us. Mike cooked us an amazing meal at the end of the trail and he is thoroughly entertaining!! This was our 2nd year in a row and we'll be back!!!
Great facility and great Crew!!!! Thanks to all who made yesterday and wonderful memory!!!
Sharla and Glenn Higgenbotham

Visited August 2013
SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Sharla and Glenn,
Yeah, Yeah, I know Mike paid you in extra steaks to say that! We're so glad you decided to forgo North Carolina and come back this summer. I promise to have new non-trails for you to explore next year, and more - if not the same - thoroughly entertaining staff. Enjoy the rest of the year.

Best,
Sarah, Marshall, and Mike
Madison, Wisconsin, Usa
“Pleased as always.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great horses for a variety of experience levels, friendly staff, and beautiful scenery. Have been many times since 1987 and will still keep coming back.

Visited August 2013
Annabelle, I'm glad we've been able to continue providing the standards of service and horses you expect from Sombrero. I hope we keep seeing you in years to come!

Best