“Love the pitch and sway of a horse drawn wagon?”

Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Granby
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the Rockies the Old-Fashioned way! Open Year-Round, Sombrero Stables on the Snow Mountain Ranch-YMCA property offers 1-4 hour horseback rides, wagons rides, and sleigh rides, seasonally permitting. Also available are our wedding carriage (may be rented for anniversaries or other special occasions as well...), a one-horse-open sleigh, and dining facilities for special occasions. What if everyone rode a horse or wagon to your... Rehearsal Dinner? Birthday celebration? Wedding Anniversary? Let us know your ideas! Family and kid friendly, pony rides available for the young buckaroos.
Grass Valley, California
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Love the pitch and sway of a horse drawn wagon?”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

If you've never tried it, but you like new experiences - this one is a home run in my book. Wanted to take our boys out for some family fun and not just another restaurant for dinner - and this was perfect. Great way to take in the beautiful Rocky Mountain views in this area. Cole, our wrangler, was friendly attentive, and a great story teller. The ride wasn't too long, and not too short for everyone. The meal was just plain good cookin'. Dusty knows how to satisfy your hankerin' for a wagon trail meal that's for sure. Perfectly cooked and all the wranglers pitched in to help out getting everyone a plate and anything else they needed. I would imagine the winter sleigh dinner rides and the breakfast wagon ride are just as fun and I hope we can make it back this way again some time to enjoy them all! The horses all looked well cared for and happy. Made me want to come back tomorrow so I could go out for a ride. My boys and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

1 Thank Jennifer G
SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Jennifer,

Thank you so much for this review, as well as for all of the photos. If you'd be alright with us using some of them on our website or for advertising, could you email us originals? smr@sombrero.com. We're always looking for great new photos!

I'm glad your boys had fun and everyone enjoyed the meal, and hope you'll be joining us again in the future.

Sarah, Cole, Dusty, & the rest of The Sombrero Stables Crew

Pensacola, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Had a great time seeing the countryside on a horse (Morgan). Would highly recommend it. Our guide was Brian who was very attentive, knew a lot, and really enjoys what he does. Great for adults and children.

Visited July 2014
SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Christopher,

Thanks for taking the time to write here; I'll be sure to pass on to Bryan. He really is a fantastic -and fascinating- naturalist on top of being a wrangler. Very glad to have you as our guest, and hope to see you again!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Stunning scenery, great horses, friendly guides!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My teenage daughters and I booked a two-hour trail ride and we are very glad we did. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Grand County. We had gorgeous weather and the trail was just gorgeous. Our guide (Gunther) was knowledgeable, friendly, and always concerned for our safety. (Word of advice -- Be sure to bring water and lather on the suncreen. We were a little thirsty and sunburned after the ride. Not enough to ruin our good time, though.)

Visited June 2014
SombreroStablesSMR, Manager at Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Karen,

Thanks for passing on the excellent advice about water and sunscreen! The mountains in the summer can be hot and sunny, and that ol' dusty trail can sure make for a parched throat. We go to all lengths to have the best crew available, and our Belgian import this summer, Gunther, shows from how far away some come.

Thank you for taking the time to post here, we hope to see you and your daughter again someday.

Sarah
Colorado
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“You Can't Go Wrong”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Sombrero Stables at Snow Mountain Ranch is a great place for your first experience on horseback. The staff is super friendly and the cost is very reasonable as horseback riding goes. My granddaughters (8 and 6) have ridden there the last couple of years and the wranglers even tried to accommodate their requests for specific horses. They will match your experience level with an appropriate horse and you’ll have a great time.

Dear RMR,

I hope Savage and Ink Spot will still be here for years to come, even after your sweet granddaughters have out-grown them and moved on to other horses! Thank you for continuing to share your family with us every year, and we hope to keep seeing you in years to come.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“2-hour Breakfast Ride”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked a 2-hour breakfast ride as a last-minute birthday surprise for my wife. My daughters, 17 & 19, were with us. All four of us had a great ride, a delicious breakfast, and were in awe of the beautiful location. Our wrangler, Brian, gave us a lot of information about the area and wildlife, even the trees we passed! It was relaxing, and the horses were all gentle and healthy. I highly recommend Sombrero Stables and hope to ride with them again.

Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to post here, we had a lot of fun participating in your birthday surprise! Hope you got a chance to soak in the Hot Sulphur Springs afterwards, I know the Missus was a lil' sore :)

Look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Best,