“Marginal Mexican”

Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 July 2014

So far on our trip to Colorado, we are not experiencing any better Mexican than home in CT. Which is sad commentary on CO Mexican food. Although Cortez, CO has some excellent Mexican restaurant. Azteca has posted on their door that they open daily at 11 a.m. We arrived at 11 a.m. only to be informed they actually open at noon. So an hour wait....my husband really wanted to eat a heavy lunch before a long trip home to CT. The cabbage slaw served with the chips is very good. However, it went downhill shortly afterward. The steak portions were not available because they had not prepped the beef yet that morning. So I ordered spinach enchiladas with chicken. The dish came out lukewarm, with barely enough assume to know it was there and hard tasteless chunks of chicken. My teenage son who usually will eat anything refused to eat his combo plate after a few bites. Said the sauce tasted sour. My daughter ate only one pice of her giant quesadilla saying it was making her feel sick. It also contained the hard, tasteless,past its prime chicken. My husband ate his meal and didn't complain but he will eat anything Mexican, regardless of quality or taste.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My first impression of any Mexican restaurant is formed by their Salsa and Chips. These were "mixed". The cool Salsa was palatable. The warm Salsa reminded me of canned vegetable soup. Not great. The Chiles Rellenos were excellent. The food, overall, was more than adequate. I would eat here again. Now, if they would only fix the Salsa.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We went for dessert but couldn't resist the huge menu so ordered from a "health-conscious" section which is unusual in a Mexican restaurant. Spinach enchiladas were delicious. Dessert was also very good.

1  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've been to the Fraser location before and got quality service, good food. But the service was so bad in Granby we literally walked out before getting seated. I mean, how bad can your service be that you make 5 people walk out? Well, Azteca in Granby has the answer. Don't go here. There's a better Mexican restaurant in Granby, Los Amigos, and they treat you like they want you to eat there and spend money.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We had a very good experience in this place even it is located in a small town. Good food, very good flavors and wide variety of options in the menu.

The Arroz con Pollo was very nice, even I asked it without the red sauce, my friends had the Enchiladas, Chicken quesadilla and Chimichanga and everyone was nicely surprise of the good flavors.

Service was very nice and friendly.