“New Owners Ma's Awesome Homemade Food”
Review of Cowboy Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cowboy Cafe
Cuisines: American
Grand Lake, Colorado
“New Owners Ma's Awesome Homemade Food”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Previous review is no way the same restaurant! We eat here weekly and the owner/chef cares about her staff, restaurant and customers. All items are made to order and fresh. Microwave isn't a possibly either as Ma's doesn't have one in the restaurant. The owner is always pleasant, comes out to make sure your food and experience was good. This is a family restaurant with great food, friendly service & the perfect atmosphere. Sometimes no matter what one does you just can't please them...We are more than satisfied with Ma's!

Visited October 2013

Granby, Colorado
“disappointing dinners...”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I went to the new Ma's Café the other day. The first time I went was when they first opened. The food was decent, and there were quite a few people in there. I went again last weekend, ordered the same meal and it was a little oily. I think they nuked the meal, but I ate it anyway. My wife had a burger, ordered "medium rare", and it was not edible. She was hungry so she ate the first few bites, which were almost cooked, but the middle was cold raw burger. We were the only people in the whole place, and the meal wasn't even cooked. Against my better judgment I went again a couple days later (after hunting all day, it was the only place open past 9 in Granby) and was disappointed again. Again, we were the only people in the restaurant (a bad sign) and the first thing they served was cold coffee. After being told we would have a fresh pot brewed, she came back with hot mugs and half way warm coffee. I've done that little trick before, she nuked them in the mugs and didn't make a fresh pot. The food was greasy and oily, and again I suspect it was microwaved before it got to our table. The waitress was very nice, but she is inexperienced and she looks frustrated to work in a place that may serve one to four tables a night. Being a new place, you would think the owner would be heavily involved watching over her restaurant. Oh no, well when we were done with our meal, she came in after a horse ride, and blocked us in the parking lot with her horse trailer. After some careful maneuvering we got around it, but she didn't even offer to come move it for us (which was parked illegally in the street behind our vehicle, the only paying customers in the restaurant, with ample parking all around). I get the impression she's already well off, and doesn't need the money or she would be trying a little harder. I just feel bad for the cook and waitress, being left there alone with no guidance or monitoring, they both could do better at different restaurants. Not going again, EVER!

• Visited September 2013
Littleton, Colorado
“New owner's”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Now another management...ugh! Don't believe the previous posters reviews as they were for different owner's and management. Slow, greasy, cold..... for eight folks in an otherwise vacant restaurant!

Visited August 2013
Denver, CO
“Nice breakfast spot”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Newly opened in Sept./12...apparently moved up to Granby from Golden Colorado. Basic breakfast foods and a few unique choices. Friendly staff, particularly the young man who took our drink order (think he was the owners son).
Wait...did I taste a hint of cinnamon in the coffee? Yep, I did!!

Visited December 2012