“Could use a make-over”

Inn at Silver Creek
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Overall, the resort was a nice stay. I was a little disappointed with the fact that I called numerous times ahead of our visit to request that we face the front side of the resort, a much more scenic view than the back (parking lot) side. I had done my research! I called the front desk who told me they were unable to take specific requests and referred me to the reservations department. For a while, their phone system was down. When I was finally able to leave a message, they didn’t call me back until the day before our arrival and told me at that point, I would need to contact the front desk since it was within 24 hours of check-in. I called the front desk and they said that I would have to call reservations. Ugh! Needless to say, we did not end up on the side of the resort I would have liked and instead we had a lovely view of the parking lot and the local McDonald’s! (And from the amount of cars in the parking lot, they were not full to capacity and could have easily put us on the side we requested upon check-in.) Oh well. I don’t let minor details like this ruin my trip. It’s just frustrating when I try to prevent these minor inconveniences ahead of time and it just doesn’t work out!

I liked the overall feel of the resort; it had a nice mountain lodge vibe to it! Stuffed bears in the lobby and all! We had a 2-level, 2-bedroom layout, with a fireplace, full kitchen and balcony. My in-laws slept in the bedroom downstairs, while my husband and I had the bedroom loft upstairs. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the units are in desperate need of a make-over. The furniture and decorations look as if they've been there for at least 2 decades! I found a few maintenance problems that were simply left undone in our unit! (A piece of plastic siding was placed over the bottom of the tub, where there was obvious rot from previous water damage. There was an open hole in the ceiling above our bed upstairs with exposed wires hanging out. And under the sink in the bathroom was a hole (probably also from water damage) with insulation hanging out from the wall.)

The resort is equipped with an outdoor-indoor pool, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, a fitness center, arcade, salon and laundry facilities. There is also a restaurant on-site, but we never ate there. We frequently cooked meals in our unit and we ate out in the surrounding towns when we were on our various adventures. Plus, the reviews online didn’t convince us to want to give it a try.

Conveniently located across the street from the resort is City Market, the town’s main grocery store. They had everything you would need, except liquor and wine (but there was a liquor store located in the same little shopping center).

All in all, it was an ok stay at the Inn at Silvercreek. I slept well; the little kitchen had everything we need to prepare meals in-unit and the Inn was in a good location. I think they need to take the advice of several of the reviewers on here and make some much-needed upgrades.

Room Tip: As I mentioned in my review; there is definitely a more desirable side of the resort. Despite my eff...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelBuggy0308

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My husband and I chose Silver Creek to take our children and grandchildren on what might be a trip of a lifetime. We stayed for four nights. We had a studio and a Master Suite and spent about $1800. The furniture in our master suite was very outdated. Im thinking from the 90's. A standard pizza pan wouldn't fit in the oven. We wanted to watch a dvd on our tv but it was so old that it predated dvds. When my husband lost his house slippers in the locker room they charged us $24.72 to send them back to us by ups. I checked with our local post office and she could have done it for about $5.00. When I called to see why it was so much the lady at the front desk said it was a handling charge. Couldn't it been included in the already $1800 we spent on rooms?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We had three people in this end unit condo. A sleeper sofa, a Murphy Bed. a dining table and a fully appointed studio kitchen! (Full sized Fridge, Microwave, Range, Sink, DISHWASHER!) Right across the highway from the best supermarket in town. We had a very nice stay. The room was warm and cozy. The staff was outstanding! Laundry facilities in the hallway, about 6 doors from the room. Ample parking. A short drive into Granby and Winter Park. Clean spacious bath, with a Jacuzzi tub! We will ALWAYS stay there when in Granby!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bureaucrat377
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Tried to cancel the last day of reservation at 9:00AM on Friday. Check out was originally for Sunday. Was told by Rachel that since I had paid in full and it was less than 24 hrs notice that I couldn't get a refund. Pretty sure that's more than 24 hours. When I asked if she could do anything she just said, "no, that's our policy". No apology. I spent a lot of money to stay here and was penalized for paying in advance. Who does that?!? Husband went to front desk and another woman said she would credit our last day back. So Rachel doesn't know what she's talking about or they are sexist toward women?? Can't recall a time I've ever been treated like this. Will return to area but won't be staying here ever again.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank GogoGator1
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We traveled here in October and stayed in a studio loft as part of an RCI timeshare exchange. The room was a little dated but clean and cozy. It was nice having a fridge and kitchen area for the week. The shower stopped working one morning but someone came and fixed it within 5 minutes of calling the front desk. We had a lot of fun playing games in the arcade (they have pinball and air hockey!) and soaking in one of the 4 available hot tubs every night. There were some really great hiking trails within walking distance of the resort. The location is great, close to the national park and a close drive to a bunch of other towns and parks. What a beautiful area. Oh! And there's a gas station and grocery store right across the street which was very convenient.
The highlight for me was sitting in one of the outdoor hot tubs while the snow was gently falling all around us. We had a very nice, relaxing, fun week at this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We visited the Inn in late September. We stayed in a one bedroom loft condo. While the interior was a little dated, it had everything we needed. We also enjoyed the in room hot tub each night. The view was spectacular, close to the National Park and the charming town of Grand Lake. We would stay here again if visiting the area,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kymmerw
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I read the reviews prior to booking and was glad I did. I headed to the hotel with low expectations and as a result, had a wonderful time. My boyfriend and I called it "the resort that everyone forgot about."

My boyfriend and I stayed for three days, two nights with our dog (its dog friendly). We brought food to cook in the room (though the hamburger and wings in the restaurant are really good). I'm glad we came with food though, because the restaurant doesn't start serving food until 5pm. There is a CityMarket and Liquor store right across the street so if you prefer, you can shop when you get there. We brought food to avoid mountain prices.

We brought our own towels for the pool/hot tub which paid off. The towels they give you at the front desk are a bit small, and you have to return them before going back to your room. We brought pillows which also paid off, though I'm sure the front desk can provide more if you need them. We liked this place because it was low key, affordable, everyone was really nice, and it is so close to the Lakes (Granby, Grand Lake, Monarch Lake, etc). We had a great time. Even saw a Moose on our hike!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emfunk26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Littletree Inn
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
Winter Park Mountain Lodge
#4 of 14 in Winter Park
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to Inn at Silver Creek? Share your experiences!