Overall, the resort was a nice stay. I was a little disappointed with the fact that I called numerous times ahead of our visit to request that we face the front side of the resort, a much more scenic view than the back (parking lot) side. I had done my research! I called the front desk who told me they were unable to take specific requests and referred me to the reservations department. For a while, their phone system was down. When I was finally able to leave a message, they didn’t call me back until the day before our arrival and told me at that point, I would need to contact the front desk since it was within 24 hours of check-in. I called the front desk and they said that I would have to call reservations. Ugh! Needless to say, we did not end up on the side of the resort I would have liked and instead we had a lovely view of the parking lot and the local McDonald’s! (And from the amount of cars in the parking lot, they were not full to capacity and could have easily put us on the side we requested upon check-in.) Oh well. I don’t let minor details like this ruin my trip. It’s just frustrating when I try to prevent these minor inconveniences ahead of time and it just doesn’t work out!
I liked the overall feel of the resort; it had a nice mountain lodge vibe to it! Stuffed bears in the lobby and all! We had a 2-level, 2-bedroom layout, with a fireplace, full kitchen and balcony. My in-laws slept in the bedroom downstairs, while my husband and I had the bedroom loft upstairs. The beds were fairly comfortable, but the units are in desperate need of a make-over. The furniture and decorations look as if they've been there for at least 2 decades! I found a few maintenance problems that were simply left undone in our unit! (A piece of plastic siding was placed over the bottom of the tub, where there was obvious rot from previous water damage. There was an open hole in the ceiling above our bed upstairs with exposed wires hanging out. And under the sink in the bathroom was a hole (probably also from water damage) with insulation hanging out from the wall.)
The resort is equipped with an outdoor-indoor pool, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis, a fitness center, arcade, salon and laundry facilities. There is also a restaurant on-site, but we never ate there. We frequently cooked meals in our unit and we ate out in the surrounding towns when we were on our various adventures. Plus, the reviews online didn’t convince us to want to give it a try.
Conveniently located across the street from the resort is City Market, the town’s main grocery store. They had everything you would need, except liquor and wine (but there was a liquor store located in the same little shopping center).
All in all, it was an ok stay at the Inn at Silvercreek. I slept well; the little kitchen had everything we need to prepare meals in-unit and the Inn was in a good location. I think they need to take the advice of several of the reviewers on here and make some much-needed upgrades.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Grand County, just 90 minutes from Denver, The Inn at SilverCreek is nestled close to Rocky Mountain National Park, award winning Winter Park and Granby Ranch ski resorts, four championship golf courses and three breathtaking lakes.Offering fully appointed condominium style units, and the largest full service conference facility in Grand County, the Inn at SilverCreek is the perfect venue for a private romantic weekend, a memorable family getaway, or an impressive business retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn at Silver Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Silver Creek Hotel Granby
- Hotel At Silver Creek
- At Silver Creek Granby
- Silver Creek Hotel
- Inn At Silver Creek Colorado/Granby