“An okay place to stay for the week”

Inn at Silver Creek
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed at this place for a week using our timeshare. It was a nice place to stay. Checking in went quick and smooth. It was a good thing that my husband called a week before our reservation because it didn't transfer over from our timeshare and the front desk needed to get the info from our timeshare company. The pool was warm and my kids had a great time. There weren't enough lounge chairs around the pool for all the guests to use. The room was clean and the cookware wasn't old looking. We knew that there wasn't going to be any air conditioning when be booked the room, but that didn't matter to us knowing that we wouldn't really be around in our room during the day. The ceiling fan didn't do much, but we also had a oscillating fan that helped to circulate the air. We faced the little pond and pool and it wasn't noisy at all that we were able to keep open our windows all the time except that it cooled down enough at night that we had to shut the windows. My two youngest kids slept on the pullout couch. They slept fine. My mom and oldest child slept on the murphy bed. They slept well there. My husband and I slept in the king bed. It was a little firm for me, but that was okay. We had a skylight in our room as well. Not used to that, but we all slept fine. The door was heavy to open up out onto the balcony and there wasn't anything to prop it open. One of the downfalls is that it is an 1- 1 1/2 hours to Denver due to driving in the mountains. If just going for the quaint small towns, there are lots around and plenty of scenic drives and Rocky Mountain national Park isn't far from here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie D

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I knew it wasn't going to be a great experience when I had to wait over 20 minutes to check in and I was only the 2nd person in line.

The unit we stayed in still had the original decor from when it was built - around 1982 I believe. This includes the carpet. I had to wear sandals in my room it was so gross. Our room overlooked the parking lot, no AC, so had to prop open the door to get some fresh air in. Noise, noise, noise.

Went looking for the gift shop to find out the person who owned it came in one day, packed everything up and left about 6 months ago.

Don't bother to stay here - not worth the money.

PS - You cannot trust their website. The rooms look nothing like they boast on their site - DON'T BE FOOLED!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank MilehiighWarrior
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I didn't give this place the lowest rating because the desk & housekeeping staff did their best. First it is impossible to find the lobby to check in, no signage. We, as well as another couple, drove around and around the back parking lot until we saw someone to ask. Then it took a half hour to check in because there was only 1 person on the desk & 2 other couples ahead of us. The first condo we were in was shabby. On inspection we found a previous tenant left a note saying there was a mouse in the mattress. I looked under the bed for evidence and found a lot of dirt, a hole in the box spring lining & a pair of sunglasses. My husband took the note to a housekeeper in the hallway who immediately went to the front desk & had us moved to an upgraded room that was much nicer. This place is CONDOS, each condo is different, no standards appear to be set for the owners. Our understanding is none have air conditioning because "they don't need it." WRONG Leaving the windows open made it too noisy to sleep. We did not use the pool or other amenities because they looked shabby as well. We had a fast food dinner across the street left early the next day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank curvyroads
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Many things werected wrong in our room. The screen on our windows was broke and bugs could get in, no air, I had to clean the bathtub before it could be used, the drain was very slow, dirty dishes and drawers, books with rotten crusted milk on it in the dresser and our bed was a pull out from a closet, dirty halls and elevator that sounds like it's going to break down....aND to top it all off housekeeping walked right in our room without knocking as I was about to get in the tub. Staff was rude and not willing to fix any problems. There is beautiful scenery but I recommend not staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mymon
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I knew going in to this reservation that is was a more basic hotel based on other reviewers. It suits the purpose for me but I think even though I booked through Booking.com and got a reduced rate, it is still slightly overpriced. There isn't a breakfast on the property so you have to go elsewhere, there isn't a microwave or mini fridge in the room, which for me is something I look for, and there wasn't a fan/air conditioning unit so I used the door to my patio to allow in cool air. I did have a king bed and a t.v. and a table and chairs and there is a full size closet and bathroom. The rooms have not been updated so they do feel older but overall it was clean and smelled nice. The bed was comfortable too. I was working in the area so really just needed a place to crash and go between things I was working on. The location is super convenient to Granby Ranch, Grand Lake and Winter Park.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kaliyat
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We took our granddaughters on the Amtrak to Granby. The booking agent told me it was a short walk to the Inn. It was actually over a mile and a half with no option for a shuttle on a very busy narrow highway. Luckily the locals are friendly and a nice man drove us out there. There was a problem with our reservation...again blamed on the booking agent but the lady at the desk quickly found another unit for us. The lofts are large with full kitchen and our unit was in great shape and very clean. The pools and spa were great. The kids had a great time. The steakhouse had excellent food and service. In fact our waitress offered to come early the next day to take us back to the train. Downside is no food service for breakfast or lunch. The lobby and grounds were beautiful. Don't go through the booking agent...call direct number for best service. I would definitely stay again if we had our car.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank outwestwades
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Outdated, dirty, poor guest services ....an overall waste of money. Either ask for a privately owned suite or stay at granby ranch instead. I wish I would have read the reviews before we booked. Be prepared to do a lot of the room cleaning yourself including taking out trash (there is only 1 bin about the size of the ice bucket) and flag down the cleaning person for new towels or or you will have to go get your own from the front desk. Also, don't expect new toiletries or coffee after the first day. You might not want to use it anyway, we had old water in the coffee maker and hair in the coffee cup. Horrible experience!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a standard king room, ask for a privately owned room with a fridge or just up...