“Home away from home”

Ranked #3 of 11 Grand Junction B&B and Inns
Kissimmee, Florida
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The home is immaculate and beautiful and so was the Jennifer room I stayed in. Lee and Young-ja are very hospitable, entertaining and welcoming host. I was made to feel very comfortable as soon as I arrived. The view from the home is magnificent and the location is very convenient. I was able to locate the shopping centers immediately easily. The Colorado National monument is minutes away, bike and hiking trails, public park(Duck pond) and so are the restaurants in the downtown district. Young-ja is a great cook and was able to accommodate my diet with a delicious breakfast every morning! Lee is very knowledgeable of the area, history and in a wide range of subjects. I thoroughly enjoyed the company and my conversations with Lee and Young-ja during breakfast. They are genuinely kind and generous. I wish I could have stayed longer. If my travels bring me back to western Colorado, I will know exactly where to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had a difficult time picking a place to stay in Grand Junction, but I am so glad that I chose Los Altos. The house sits on an amazing piece of property and offers awesome views from all sides. My husband and I stayed in Jennifer's Room, and it was clean and comfortable (it has a door that leads to the back porch - a great place to eat lunch, dinner, or just relax). Lee gave us the warmest welcome and had a wealth of information ready to share based on our interests; he was very hospitable and we enjoyed talking with him. Young Ja's breakfasts were delicious (scones were the best I've ever had). I made the right choice by staying here; I highly recommend Los Altos to anyone who is staying the the Grand Junction area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarriedTravelers99
Houston, TX
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Although we arrived at Grand Junction for a hiking and photography trip during the partial government shutdown, our stay couldn't have been more enjoyable. Lee and Young Ma are the kindest of hosts. The Vista Suite is huge and well-appointed, and the bed was oh-so-comfy! The balcony made for a great evening for star-gazing. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious, but the stuffed french toast was absolutely yummy! Lee helped us find some great hikes outside Colorado National Monument, gave us recommendations for some great wineries to visit, and provided a comprehensive list of great restaurants downtown. When we had to change our plans at the last minute, due to weather, Lee and Young Ja were very accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
North Eastham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Lovely, lovely, lovely!
How many times can I say Lovely, Lovely, Lovely?"
Somebody wrote a review calling Los Altos a "boot camp"....they were either idiots or didn't stay there. Lee Garrett couldn't be more accommodating and friendly and entertaining...and Young Ja is a wonderful cook and sweet and gracious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at Los Altos after spending most of two weeks tenting in different parts of Utah. It was a welcome bit of luxury in our trip as we were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and our present to ourselves was to get away from the giant bugs that inhabit various parts of Utah!
We couldn't have asked for better.
We stayed in the Premier Suite, above the garage and so we had a private entrance and a deck with a great view of the entire area, including the fireworks that were put on in the town. I can only hope we didn't clock the Jacuzzi in the bathroom with all the sand and dirt that needed to be washed off from our time in the Utah parks!
Lee and Young-Ja were wonderful hosts. When we arrived, Lee asked what we planned to do and when we said we were planning to visit local wineries, he set us up with a great game plan, as well as giving us useful information about Grand Junction and the surrounding area.
The breakfasts we lovely and even though Saturday morning was full, Lee spent time with every guest and made us all feel like we belonged there.
If we are ever in Grand Junction again, we will certainly be back--and recommend this place to everyone else who may be considering a stay in the area as well!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pellegrini
Fort Madison, Iowa
Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Los Altos B&B was outstanding in every way. The on-line pictures couldn't do it justice. The views were breathtaking. The room was so very comfortable and Lee and Young-Ja really pampered us. Although Los Altos B&B is only minutes from Grand Junction, by being on a hilltop, it feels like you are far away up in the mountains. It was relaxing and very welcoming. It has a wrap around porch with a mountain view from each side. And the breakfasts? Oh my! Young-Ja is a superb cook. Every breakfast was so unique and filling. They really go all out for their guests. It took us 25 hours one way on the train to get there, but we will definitely go again. Jan & Vincent from Iowa

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara Jan G
Louisville
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed in the private suite over the garage with our young child, and were grateful to get to stay in such a beautiful location even with a toddler. The suite does not have actual separate rooms, but is a large space with with two sleeping areas, a large bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, and a private deck with an amazing view. The B&B is up a hill in a regular neighborhood of homes, and neighbors a golf course. The views of the Colorado National Monument, Grand Junction, and beyond are spectacular. Sunsets and sunrises right from your own private hill.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family