“courteous, kind and informative inn keepers and a lovely house”

Los Altos Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Grand Junction B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at Los Altos for a single night on our trip but wished it could have been longer. The house is set up high on a hill overlooking Grand Junction and is easily found from the excellent set of directions. Lee and Young Ja greet you and take details of when you want breakfast (a choice of two sittings) and show you your room etc. Lee gave us a map of the area and gave us ideas for restaurants. He also made us aware of just how close we were to the Colorado National Monument and gave us simple directions to it along with advice on which way round to drive the rim road for the best light. We took his advice about the drive and then had a very good meal at one of the restaurants he suggested. We stayed in Jennifer's Room, which I chose because of the direct access to the outside. The room was not huge and the bathroom was quite small but it was all immaculately presented and clean and had a really thick carpet on the floor. Other rooms appeared to be larger, so check beforehand. Breakfast was a lovely meal cooked by Young Ja and beautifully presented with home made scones and preserves to begin. We shared our breakfast with another couple and had a really enjoyable meal with Lee joining in the conversation as he topped up coffees and teas and cleared dishes. The house is really nice and the turret room has absolutely magnificent views. Everything is so tastefully decorated and elegant. It was an honour to be able to share such a lovely home and we found Lee and Young Ja to be courteous, kind and informative hosts.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank birdersmate

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Los Altos was everything you could want in a B&B, clean attractive comfortable rooms with a nice sense of privacy. Lee & Yung Ja are truly host & hostess with the mostess....outstanding cuisine, gracious service, and a wonderful knowledge and love for the ecology of the area. They told us about where to find bike trails, were to find hiking trails that were natural and being cared for by local volunteers. Grand Junction is a city with lots of charms and they pointed those things out too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Beautiful place in a beautiful location! We came to the area to mountain bike in Fruita and we were not disappointed. Nice lodging choices in Fruita are limited - this BnB is ideally located for Colorado Monument hikes or mountain bike riding in Fruita or Grand Junction. Great accommodations (quiet and comfortable) and delicious food (scones, homemade preserves, pancakes and casserole). The owners, Lee and Young-Ja were very hospitable and accommodating. We had a great time meeting new people as we shared breakfast - we are looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Last May, spent 3 nights at Los Altos. Well run, clean and tidy. Great views day and night from this bird's eye view of the Valley and Colorado National Monument.

Very good breakfasts each morning and cookies in the afternoon!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank David12815
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Lee and Young Ja made the entire experience staying at thier B&B wonderful. I stayed for 2 nights with my In-laws, husband and 11 month old in the apartment above the garage. It was detached from the rest of the B&B and perfect for our daughter to run around and play in without disturbing anyone. The rooms were very clean and the beds/sofa were comfortable. Both mornings we were served very delicious breakfasts. Stuffed french toast, Bacon cups with egg and cheese, Fresh fruit and baked goods. The views from our balcony or from any part of the property of Grand Junction and the Colorado National Monument were wonderful. The house is ontop of what looks like the highest hill in the area overlooking everything in a full 360* view. Thank you for the Lovely stay and Great conversations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SushiPanda23
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The home is immaculate and beautiful and so was the Jennifer room I stayed in. Lee and Young-ja are very hospitable, entertaining and welcoming host. I was made to feel very comfortable as soon as I arrived. The view from the home is magnificent and the location is very convenient. I was able to locate the shopping centers immediately easily. The Colorado National monument is minutes away, bike and hiking trails, public park(Duck pond) and so are the restaurants in the downtown district. Young-ja is a great cook and was able to accommodate my diet with a delicious breakfast every morning! Lee is very knowledgeable of the area, history and in a wide range of subjects. I thoroughly enjoyed the company and my conversations with Lee and Young-ja during breakfast. They are genuinely kind and generous. I wish I could have stayed longer. If my travels bring me back to western Colorado, I will know exactly where to stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had a difficult time picking a place to stay in Grand Junction, but I am so glad that I chose Los Altos. The house sits on an amazing piece of property and offers awesome views from all sides. My husband and I stayed in Jennifer's Room, and it was clean and comfortable (it has a door that leads to the back porch - a great place to eat lunch, dinner, or just relax). Lee gave us the warmest welcome and had a wealth of information ready to share based on our interests; he was very hospitable and we enjoyed talking with him. Young Ja's breakfasts were delicious (scones were the best I've ever had). I made the right choice by staying here; I highly recommend Los Altos to anyone who is staying the the Grand Junction area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple