“Good place to rest your head”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of West Gate Inn

West Gate Inn
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“Good place to rest your head”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Was recommended to us by a waitress at Old Chicago Pizza (great place also). Hotel is right off Interstate 70 and US 6 just outside of Grand Junction. Has a spectacular view of Colorado National Monument. A short distance from the airport, scenic locations and restaurants. Check in/out is fast and accept late night check ins. We've stayed here twice now and will be back

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank senterk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Its awesome. You don't realize that the interstate is right next to you or the trains or the truck stop. We have stayed there many times. We have never had any bad encounters there. I would recommend this hotel for all travelers.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank 723babygirl76
Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We needed a place to crash just for the night, from a long trip. The front desk help us out very quick, wasnt a very nice hotel, was cheap for the night,room was clean and big, just good enough for the money we pay!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RPioP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable. They have a bar which was a big plus! The maintenance guy was kind enough to help me with my bags. I didn't even have to ask! I would stay here again just because of the warm smiles and kind staff.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Stamped
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

I’ve stayed here a couple of times before, it’s away from the other motels, is next door to the truckstop and has plenty of truck parking. Clerk was helpful on the price, my CDL price would be the best deal. Room was warm, yes! I turned the heat on, and then realized that in addition to the heater I could control there was also a baseboard heater. Room was clean, bed was good. Bathroom was clean, no sign of mold, plenty of thick towels. Didn’t notice the trucks from the truckstop or the highway. What else do I need?

(Due to a breakdown, I ended coming back for a second night)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Westminster, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

I arrived in the very early hours of Sunday morning. The lady behind the counter was very pleasant and helpful and gave me a discount because I had arrived so late.. I asked for a quiet room (not near the vending machines). She said that she had "truckers out the back and they started firing up their engines around 4am. Or trains in the front". I said I could handle the trains. I parked and went to my room. I was exhausted from an 800 mile drive and went straight to bed. I had only been in bed a short while, when my legs started itching. I turned on the bedside light and pulled back the covers, but couldn't see anything. Twice more that night I experienced the same itching sensation. Next morning, I checked the bed linen in the daylight, but couldn't see anything. I put the "itching" down to possibly heat rash from the long drive. I had a shower and felt refreshed. I went to the restaurant, had breakfast, wrote a couple of postcards and then resumed my journey.
Since then I haven't stopped scratching. My doctor wrote me a prescription for an ointment to eradicate body lice/scabies? It hasn't worked and I have another appointment to see him next week. I can only assume that the sheets hadn't been changed and were full of lice.
And no, I haven't contacted the hotel - what would be the point?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank shopper332

Travellers are raving about these Grand Junction hotels

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2008

Stayed here one night during the annual Wine Fest. Not many rooms available in Grand Junction due to popularity of the Wine Fest. Took what we could get, which was this standard motel on the side of the interstate.
It does appear that a renovation was completed recently. Walls appeared to be freshly painted, but furniture and decor was still cheap and outdated.
The property borders two highways, but is surprisingly quiet. Based on a full parking lot, I assumed it was fully booked.
Didn't use any facilities, just used the West Gate for a place to sleep.
It's easy to find, but possibly too far west of town for anyone with a need to be in town. Easy and direct access to nearly everything with Intersate 70 and Highway 6 & 50 right outside your front door.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends