“Good brew & food, festive atmosphere”

Kannah Creek Brewing Company
Ranked #10 of 278 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Description: From appetizers to desserts, our mission is to prepare every item on our menu in a way that will ensure you are served the very best we have to offer every time you visit. Here's how we do it. We make the dough for our pizzas, calzones and focaccia bread fresh daily. As well as fresh baked bread for our oven roasted sandwiches. Our marinara and alfredo sauces, as well as our salad dressings, are prepared using only the finest ingredients. Meats that we cook in house are marinated and roasted to perfection to make the most of all their savory flavors. The deli meats we use are top quality and hand sliced each day so you know they too are tender and flavorful. Our soups are made from scratch and we always have our loved pork green chili. And if you still have room for dessert, you won't be disappointed by the sweet selection we've put together for your enjoyment. If you are looking for just the right beverage to complement your meal, or maybe just a little something to sip on, don't worry, we've got it covered. We have 7 Kannah Creek handcrafted beers on tap as well as 5 rotating seasonals, tap specials and specialty brewers' reserve beers. Our full service bar has an excellent selection of spirits and wine, including a few local wineries. We hope you can stop in to join us for a pint and a bite!
Reviewed 11 May 2014

After a day of hiking, I was ready for a cool beer and good grub, and this place delivered! I had a seasonal beer (an Irish red) - very tasty. I also had fish tacos, which were one of the specials that night. They used cod, which was very nice, and the fish, cabbage, cheese & sauce combo was really tasty. I was surprised that they used wheat tortillas instead of corn, and since I avoid wheat that was a bummer (I didn't think to ask, as I've never had a fish taco with flour tortillas before), I enjoyed them "naked" (the tacos, not me....) The rice they served with it had a delightful, flavorful kick to it and was truly stellar. I am going to try to recreate it at home. Our server was very helpful and friendly. My husband ordered a build his own calzone, which also was yummy. I wish I had known they did flights, I would have liked to try several of their beers. Oh well, next time....

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We headed to Kannah when we saw a little flyer in the hotel we were staying at. Nestled among brochures for Chilis and tourist traps, was a little coupon for Kannah. I was skeptical, but there seemed to be a shot at a free beer class, so, after scoping the menu we decided to give it a shot. We’d been hiking all day and then had a long hot drive over to Grand Junction, so I was starving by the time we got there.

Overall the ambiance was relaxed and friendly, the decor was modern, and there was indoor and outdoor seating. For drinks we opted for two tasting flights -- I would highly recommend this. Kannah has some really really cool beers, and the only way to sample them all without stumbling out the door is to go for a flight. We then ordered pizzas, which were really really great. Maybe I was just starving from the hiking and travel, but mine was amazing. The pizzas are thin crust -- but not so thin that they’re too crispy. The ingredients were tasty and delicious without being too heavy. I got the Thai Pie, which was awesome, but also got to try one with a more italian taste profile. I guess you could probably share a pizza between two people, but let’s face it, they’re really good, you don’t want to share.

Even though we’re not really dessert people, we decided to grab dessert and coffee because the beer, the food, and the service were just that good. Dessert paled in comparison to the awesomeness that was the pizza, but it wasn’t bad. They didn’t have any coffee made yet, so they brewed a pot for us, which I really appreciated. And, to our surprise the coupons for the hotel were valid, so now I have an awesome glass from Kannah that I use all the time. Brings back some good memories. Really really stellar beer and food, in a friendly relaxed atmosphere. When I make it back to that part of the world, definitely going to be going back to Kannah.

1  Thank Lauren G
Katlin L, Public Relations Manager at Kannah Creek Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

We just wanted to say THANK YOU for the awesome review! We really appreciate it when customers take the time to review our brewpub when they have had a positive experience. It is also really nice to be able to share these types of reviews with our staff, and positive reviews are definitely a morale booster!

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait to have you back. Cheers!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We've lived here for 10 years and tried just about every place to eat in Grand Junction. We've like Kannah Creek (both locations) since they've opened. It's a brew pub. Don't expect fancy dining. But it's not a box store restaurant either. Everything is made fresh, even the salad dressings. The beer is quite good, the prices reasonable and the food is damn tasty! The servers are mostly co-eds from the nearby (across the street) university. We've always found them to be cheerful, efficient, fun wait people. It's a fun, vibrant place with good, homemade beer and food. And a lot of the time who could ask for anything more?

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We sat on the patio for lunch and it took forever to get helped. The waitress never came back to see if we needed anything and we had to go inside to ask for the check. When we finally got our food it wasn't that good and two people from our party later got sick at their stomachs! That definitely let's this place out for a repeat visit for us!

Katlin L, Public Relations Manager at Kannah Creek Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

First let us apologize for the short comings in our service. It is always very hard for us to hear when our service is anything but outstanding, since we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional dining experience.

We apologize you were not greeted promptly, with our patio recently opening our staff is still adjusting. And we are equally sorry that you were not checked on and had to come inside to ask for your check. Even with the patio just opening that is unacceptable.

We would like to thank you for your time and want to assure you that we take issues like this very seriously. We have printed your review and will be discussing it with staff. We hope that you will give us another try and we assure you your next visit will not disappoint.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Colorado Rockies have their rookie baseball team in this little burg, and fortunately Kannah Creek is close by the venue. Live beer is the best. How can one drink from a bottle after experiencing brewpub libations? I like the wait staff at Kannah; always pleasant, attractive in looks and personality. A good wait staff gets huge marks from me. They don't serve burgers here so we eat pizza. There is an interesting mix of college kids and baby boomers. Being that the place is across the street from CMU this explains the college crowd. It's a bit loud at night and we end up shouting at one another (but never in anger). I thought this might be a problem for the aging Boomers who are starting to get hearing aids. Nevertheless, after a game at Stoker or Suplizio this is the place, as well as the Ale House up the street. With JUCO (junior college world series) coming to Grand Junction Memorial week, May/June, figure on stopping at Kannah after a game. You could walk to the brewery and get some exercise.