“Good”
Review of Museum of the West

Museum of the West
More attraction details
Owner description: A science museum offering archeological digs.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Nice museum but a bit too pricey for my family. Good hands on displays...the airplane was especially cool.

Visited December 2013

New York City, New York
718 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 945 helpful votes
“Of limited interest”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It could be much better

Being a history enthusiast, I have to visit this museum, I never skip historical places. Located at a busy downtown intersection, this one is a little bit of disappointment. I’ve seen much bigger and better Historical museums in this part of the world located in much smaller towns (Ouray, Gunnison and Silverton come to mind right away).

It’s a hodge-podge of historical artifacts, photos, memorabilia, Indian stuff, art, etc, in a difficult to follow organization which, at least to me, does not make sense. The Docents were really not interested and I found them lacking knowledge. The $8.50 admission, while modest, is still not worth it. I think they are more interested in selling the place as venue for events than as making it an interesting history museum.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Oliver S
Montrose, Colorado, United States
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“History Buff”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very interesting exhibits, well displayed. Great history of the Spanish in the GJ area, a new exhibit. Enjoyed my 82yr old friend getting into the stage coach and even up the tower. There were children there listening to a guide, a bit noisey, but nice to see them interested in history. I bought some stuffed critters in the gift shop. Well worth the stop.

Visited November 2013
Broomfield, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Museum”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We had some time to spare in Grand Junction so we visited the Museum Of The West and really enjoyed. All of the historical exhibits were well displayed, and we especially enjoyed the period display rooms with artifacts. Your time will be well spent here.

Visited September 2013
KENNEWICK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Tower with a View... and more”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Loved visiting this museum which left all of us more motivated and interested with tons to talk about instead of brain dead - like some museums seem to do. We all took pictures of one another while we sat in the stage coach, but we did have to scold Grandma for pushing the motion buttons while we snapped photos. Of course there were also lots of maps, and displays. Take time to check out the Alferd Packard story... very interesting true story that is a cross between a horror flick and CSI. The various interactive displays were the most enjoyable. My personal favorite was the old telephone where we could hear various operators telling us the gossip of the day. My daughter loved the old classroom . We all but had to beg her to leave. Don't leave the museum without going all the way up the tower. I have never experienced a better example of past versus present. Not only can you see for miles around the valley, but there are comparable stories and photos of what the same area looked like historically. I'm very impressed with this museum.

Visited September 2013