“Bait & Switch has been the name of the game lately”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Booked 2 nights during the week and confirmed at $117.93, which is high anyway for Grand Junction. When I checked out, one night was for 117.93 and the second was $160.00. When asked what happened, the clerk said they raise rates when they have higher occupancy. That was the most lame excuse I have ever heard.

Needless to say, that was the last time I will ever stay at this property and will influence as many people on my team of 15 people to avoid such a mediocre and rip off property.

Room Tip: Stay away. You have many choices in the same vicinity.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rick M
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the rate change was not communicated and missed. We do not "bait and switch". There are many reasons for rate changes including special events which was the case during your stay. All rate changes are always shown on your registration card. Please contact me to discuss the pricing disparity that week.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Traveling to the western slope I will stay at this Holiday inn. the staff is frendily. the rooms are nice. Always get a good nights sleep. they sometimes upgrade me to a suite when they are avalible. I usually eat dinner here....

Room Tip: If avalible ask for a non interstate side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jake W
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night when visiting family and needed to be close to the airport. This hotel was perfect for that as it has an easy and flexible shuttle service. We were given a suite and the room was very clean and everything, including WiFi, worked perfectly. The bed was very comfortable and we both slept well! We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. All staff we encountered were pleasant, friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the car park side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here one night while traveling on I-70. Got a really great price through Hotwire. The front desk staff was very pleasant and check-in was quick. The room was well-furnished and clean. Everything in the room worked properly. Nice water flow in the shower. Free Wi-Fi worked just fine. I was not bothered by any sounds from the other guests, but the hotel was not crowded the night I was there. My room was on the side facing the parking lot, away from I-70, and I was not bothered by road noise. There are several restaurants nearby, as well as a credit union with an ATM. The hotel has a nice indoor pool. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from I-70
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OregonOpus
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. Staff was friendly. Other reviewers are accurate about the thin walls and traffic noise. I stayed on the highway side and by 6:30 am on a weekday, you could clearly hear the traffic. I have stayed at a hotel across the highway before and never noticed the traffic. I would say besides the lobby being nicer, the hotel is no different then a standard Holiday Inn. I got a great rate on Priceline, which I rarely use, and glad I did not pay asking price for the hotel as I think the hotel in not a 3 star hotel when compared to others in the area of the same category.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding our hotel. We always appreciate our guests feedback, good or bad. On behalf of the entire staff, I apologize for the traffic noise that you experienced.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

The rooms are a good size, comfortable and clean. I had dinner in the bar. My chicken parm sandwich was yummy and the waitress and bartender were very friendly. I used the free shuttle service to go downtown. The driver was very friendly and helpful. I would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Scout77
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and we are very happy to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed all our services. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Grand Junction.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had a lovely experience at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport...started out that my friends were late...hadnt even checked in yet..I waited in the bar area...immediately got service...staff was very friendly kept me occupied for the duration of my wait...my friends arrived and we continued with our evening...we used the shuttle and the driver was a prince... now I hadn’t meant to come BACK to the hotel but circumstances decided for me..I asked if the shuttle could take me back to my car in the AM and was told yes..and they did..it was a different driver but the service and smile were the same...I had a wonderful unexpected treat staying at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport...I highly recommend it...they handle the unexpected with aplomb and humour...

Room Tip: walls do seem a little thin so if you like your music a little on the loud side..ask them to put you...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Doreen P
Randy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Grand Junction-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comments about your wonderful stay here with us at the Holiday Inn & Suites. We are always happy to hear when our guests have such an amazing experience including our bar and shuttle service. We appreciate your feedback.