“Didn't allow service dog”

Grand Junction Palomino Inn
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
“Didn't allow service dog”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We made reservations to stay at this motel. But when we arrived we had a service dog they wouldn't accept. We had just recently received a service dog for our disabled son and didn't have all the papers but had his training vest. They were very nice but did not allow us to stay since we didn't have the certificate yet.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Patty M
IWONAK, Owner at Grand Junction Palomino Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
It is our general policy to not accept any pets at our property. We do allow service dogs, however do require the appropriate paperwork proving this. Unfortunately, without the paperwork we were unable to accept your stay. When you made a reservation, only one hour earlier, you did not indicate you had a service pet with you. If you had, we would have let you know that we require the paperwork and this unfortunate situation would not have happened.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a great place. So family friendly and clean! Loved coming into the retro looking motel. Loved the hospitality and the clean rooms. What a great place for a great price. I would stay there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. It is an older vintage hotel but is in wonderful condition and very well maintained. Clean comfortable rooms and a great price. Owners were very nice and the breakfast was good. Will certainly stay here again when we come through Grand Junction.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

...quiet, clean, comfortable bed, fridge, coffee for the AM, friendly and helpful owners...This was a one-night stop on a long road trip, and it's great -- I'd come back again if I'm ever traveling in this area again. I camp a lot, so for me, it's about meeting basic needs -- I don't need frills; AND, it's difficult to find a place that can meet even just the basics while simultaneously being economical. Thank you, Palomino.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Lawndale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked this hotel by taking recommendations from the reviewers from TripAdvisor. Boy, I was not disappointed. When I arrived, the area around this hotel have become a little rundown. A strip mall across the street and other businesses surrounding it. I arrived and was a little worried about the look. It is older fashioned. But, when I went into the office I was pleasantly surprised on its nice look. The lady who runs the hotel was very nice and took care of me. When I got to the room, wow! It was very up-to-date(I have been in better looking outside hotels that don't have as modern of rooms as this place). I used the pool. Water was a little cool and the deck had been repainted orange. The next morning the provided breakfast was like any four star hotel(fruit, cereal, waffles, pastries, etc.). I was very impressed with this hotel.
The hotel was booked up when I stayed.
I would say the only thing that is holding this hotel from becoming four star complete is: 1) A replacement of the front sign. 2) Sanding down the swimming pool deck and refinishing it(not with orange paint.
Those two things I believe will come as I believe these owners care about there hotel.
I even believe as this hotel becomes more successful that the surrounding area will again succeed. The skies the limit.
That is why I am giving this 3 star hotel a 4 star. And if I am ever in the same area again I will stay at this hotel.
P.S.: The price is right, also.

Room Tip: Make sure you call ahead for reservations. This hotel books up quite quickly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dieselkmf
roguedharma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Palamino is indeed a hidden gem. Among the corporate hotels that seem to dot every exit of our highways, the Palamino serves its guests with equal, if not higher service--at a fraction of the cost. The Palamino harkens to the days where the actual owners of the establishment greeted you and truly cared about your stay.
I cannot more highly recommend the Palamino for a comfortable stay, at a fraction of the cost of the "big box" hotels. I'd we ever make it through Grand Junxtion again, we will definitely stay at the Palamino

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank roguedharma
Cramlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was excellent. The Polish lady who owns and runs it was so very helpful. The only thing we were disappointed with was it was advertised as having a BBQ but when we got there it did not. However, we ate our evening meals (which we cooked in the microwave) sitting around the pool which was lovely. Tables and chairs were provided under a light. The breakfast was also excellent and the coffee was gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple