“Great Place For A Longer Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW

Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Golden, Colorado
“Great Place For A Longer Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed at this property while working in Grand Junction.

Nice large rooms. All facilities in the room worked well. Never got to use the fully equipped kitchenette, but having it was a comforting thought in case I needed to cook something.

Housekeeping only comes by room on weekly basis, so be careful with your towels and sheets, unless you request service at the front desk.

No breakfast on the property so be prepared to eat out. Lots of parking. Hotel is located in a newly developed area of Grand Junction, but there are movie theaters and grocery stores nearby.

Hotel decor is modern plain - won't win any awards for design or creative use of lighting. On the other hand, it is a comfortable place to stay and can be recommended without reservation.

Room Tip: I'd stay on the upper floors, away from the noise of the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CandlewoodSuitesGJ0, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Thank you for your review on the hotel. I agree with you that an upper floor is best not only for the minimal noise experienced from the parking lot, but also for the spectacular views of the
Bookcliffs and The Colorado National Monument.

Thank you for your stay and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs in Grand Junction.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Offers a full kitchenette. Rooms were clean and big. The beds were very comfortable, the shower head in the restroom hit evey inch on my body. I would definitely recommend this hotel.. We arrived late and the front desk was very prompt on getting us into our room.

• Stayed July 2012
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

Odd to see this large hotel sitting in the middle of nowhere on the edge of town. Highlight for me was that there was a free launderette which was gt after being on the road for a week with two children. Otherwise totally soulless, nowhere decent to eat. Clean and absolutely fine. A perfectly reasonable stopping off place for the night but not a destination. V hot so would had liked a pool.

Room Tip: In middle of nowhere so prob doesn't matter
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We spent a night in Grand Junction on our way to Durango and the Candlewood met all our expectations. The hotel is new and very clean, and close to many amenities we were looking for: gas, food and restaurants. If you wish to be close to downtown, you will have to select a different hotel, but if you do not mind be in a location a few miles away from downtown for your overnight stay, I recommend the Candlewood.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Drarig
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed only overnight but this is also a longer stay hotel. We had a nice suite with full kitchen with a nice view. The room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed.There is someone at the front desk 24/7. Free laundry, you supply the soap and a little snack store in case you need an emergency snack. Close to food and stores. Pet friendly too!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank olive21
CandlewoodSuitesGJ0, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next time we can serve your lodging needs in Grand Junction. Pets are always welcome with us at Candlewood Suites.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a new hotel in Grand Junction and not surprisingly it's pretty clean. The staff was friendly and the location was great, just off I-70 and across the street from the Mesa Mall and other restaurants. Also, about a 5 minute drive the CMU (formerly Mesa St College). Each suite has a full size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, so you can pretty much take care of yourself as far as food and food prep goes. However, if you are looking for a pool and/or free breakfast, don't stay here. If you want a view of the Colorado National Monument, be sure to get an even numbered room and the higher the flood the better.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the Colorado National Monument, be sure to get an even numbered room and the h...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ColoradoWeatherMan
CandlewoodSuitesGJ0, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Grand Junction NW, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for your feed back of the Candlewood Suites Grand Junction. We pride ourselves on customer service and cleanliness. The views of the Colorado National Monument are beautiful, especially in the morning. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.
Grand Junction
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

When the company I work for and who makes my business reservations when I travel handed me my confirmation for the Candlewood Suites, I wasn't sure what to expect since we stay with hotels throughout the Western Slope. I was actually so tired and late when I checked in for my 4 days, I didn't even bother looking around the lobby. However, when I opened the door to my room I was very surprised. Granted, the hotel is new, but my surprise was more than the newness. My room was laid out very well and seemed larger than most singles I've stayed in over the years. I was totally surprised to have a FULL SIZED fridge, range top, and large microwave. This was wonderful since I could walk a short distance to City Market and stock my breakfasts and dinners for the week and prepare them right in the room. That was definitely the highlight for me. In addition, there is nice desk space and hookups for laptops, and other things. Finally, and most importantly....the room was VERY quiet. This is in part because of the hotel's location set back from both 24 Rd and F Rd and in part because of the actual construction methods used (double sheet rock and insulation...I asked the manager) At any rate, the quality of my business stay was great and I know as I travel to the area I'll envy anyone in our company who gets to stay at Candlewood.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business