SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stark exterior, modern, inexpensive and mobile desk, bar and seating in a large open area: the Costco of hotels. It looks as if the interior and the rooms were designed by n MBA and modern artist. The rooms have separate shower and toilet rooms, seems nice at first but we found ourselves going back and forth between the 2. Watch the hardwood trim on the new rooms - I bumped my hand and actually cut myself. The rooms were newer, the bed was WONDERFUL. but the lighting very sterile fluorescent and LEDs. There's that MBA influence again. Good luck finding the front door. Be sure to drive into what looks like a garage and you'll be there.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Martha T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear erinaldi,

Thank you for your review of our SpringHill Suites. Springhill's design is a new concept for Marriott and doesn't always appeal to everyone. We always look for ways we might improve on the design and our business and very much appreciate your feedback on our hotel. Please know that if you ever experience any first-aid issues we do provide bandaids and other firstaid supplies at the front desk.

Martha

Reviewed 7 March 2014

There are a few young men next door playing a video game and it sounds like they are in my room! There needs to be more insulation around the door that connects the rooms.
I don't think they were in the room last night because it was very quiet in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no one in the room connected by a door. Otherwise this hotel is good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Martha T, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for the review from your recent visit to the SpringHIll Suites in Grand Junction, Co. I apologize for the disturbances you experienced. Every guest deserves a quiet, restful sleep and it is our job to ensure that stays true for everyone. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the staff regarding your visit and we hope you reconsider us on your next trip to Grand Junction. Sincerely, Martha

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Was a little concerned about being in the old downtown of Grand Junction but shouldn't have been. Had an excellent three-day visit, walking to interesting shops and delightful restaurants near this hotel. The suites are very nice, modern decor, comfortable, with excellent plumbing (once you figure out how the shower works), many useful extras (full ironing board, for example). No room safe, unfortunately. Lobby is very pretty with big windows and works as a breakfast room in the morning (so-so food) but the Happy Hour was very noisy with loud electric piano. We had to leave to hear ourselves talk. Bartender OK, rest of staff very friendly and helpful. A little street noise early in the evening but very quiet late.

Room Tip: A lovely view to the mountains on side that faces Main Street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank R00catt
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I love love love this hotel, my husband came over from Moab for Valentines Day and booked last minute. We received a great deal which included champagne in the room. We love the set up of the hotel rooms, even though they are small they are set up really well. Housekeeping who cleaned our room 418 did a wonderful job. We both manage hotels where we live at home and can't help but look around, everything was very clean and well maintained. Love that you had the young lad playing live music in the evenings as well. Hotel as a whole seemed like it catered to a younger demographic and we appreciated the details. If I could have bought a box of your Paul Mitchell lemon sage lotion I would have haha.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is very clean, and the service was excellent. The continental breakfast exceeded our expectations, having a waffle maker in addition to other typical continental breakfast options. One of our favorite features was the bowl of Chupa Chups suckers at the front desk, we are now hooked! :)

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda V
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great staff and good breakfast. The rooms are incredibly spacious and can sleep a maximum amount of people. It is right downtown and the decor is comfortably modern. I have stayed here four different times and had a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We come to this Springhill a couple times a year for a regional business meeting. I've always enjoyed the place: rooms are set up nicely (bathroom and shower are in separate "rooms", so if you don't know your roommate THAT well, it makes those things all the more private); the conference room they set us up in fits all 25/30 of us nicely; breakfast has a nice selection of grains, proteins, fruits, dairies and juices; the staff was always happy to make more coffee for us while we were meeting; and you can walk all of old main street from straight out the front doors. But what happened this past week TOPS ALL OF THIS:

I dropped my wedding band down the sink. After panicking, I decided to go down to the front desk to ask maintenance if they could try and find it. While heading down to do this, I mentioned to a housekeeping gal what had happened so they wouldn't turn on the water and maybe wash it away for good. Front desk was very sympathetic, and said they would take care of it. About 10 minutes later I ran back up to my room, and there was this amazing housekeeping gal (I think her name was Laura?) gently wiping off my ring and then handing it to me. As I stood there speechless, she explained after I spoke with her that she remembered maintenance was gone for the day. So she took apart the sink trap herself and got the ring out for me. I couldn't believe it!

My husband works for a hotel in our hometown, so I am well aware of the time crunch most housekeepers are under to get their rooms done, and to get them done well. The fact this one gal would take extra time (which I imagine she didn't really have) to go truly ABOVE AND BEYOND her duties has won my loyalties! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Grand Junction hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction
Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Jun...
#16 of 28 in Grand Junction
#6 of 28 in Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
#9 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street

Address: 236 Main St, Grand Junction, CO 81501-7804
Region: United States > Colorado > Grand Junction
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Price Range: £73 - £129 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street 3.5*
Welcome to SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, located in Historic Downtown Grand Junction, a hotel with space and style at an affordable price. Ideal for business and leisure, our guest suites offer a seamless blend of style and function along with luxurious bedding, a microwave, mini-fridge, large work desk, free high-speed internet access, and a spa-like bathroom to ensure your stay is anything but ordinary. Our complimentary hot breakfast, pool, fitness center and free WiFi in the lobby help you stay refreshed and connected outside of your room, giving you the freedom to set your own pace and work or relax your way. Located within walking distance to multiple locally owned restaurants, boutiques and salons. It's a balance made for you - the contemporary traveler. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.