“Very Nice and at the right price”

Econo Lodge Grand Junction
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Broomfield
“Very Nice and at the right price”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

For a $62 "senior rate" this was a GREAT motel. It's two stories with 50 or so rooms. I always try to get a room on an upper floor. That way you don't hear a lot of stomping around from people above you, if you're on a lower floor. The room was very nice, roomy and clean. It was very convenient to I-70 and there are lots of restaurants nearby. I was also able to get a room that was the furthest from the highway, so we didn't hear any traffic noise. The staff at the Econo Lodge was very friendly. The "free" breakfast wasn't much--cereal, limited fruit, OJ, milk, coffee and raisin bread. When I initially booked the room, I clicked through Trip Advisor to the Econo Lodge site. The first rate was $79 a night plus tax. That was the "senior rate" at the time. A few days before our stay, I checked the rate again and it was $62! I then cancelled the first reservation online, and immediately booked the room at the lower rate. I was a very happy fellow!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I made a choice to stay here based on current reviews & I'm a Choice Privaledges member as well. The good reviews were spot on. This motel is very clean & comfortable. Great staff: friendly & helpful. Good continental breakfast - even w/ a coffee machine that broke down that AM...the mngr went out & brought coffee in for the guests.

• Stayed June 2013
Las Vegas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel presented itself well and the staff were excellent. The rooms were average size and clean. However, the hotel is next to I-70 and a busy gas station that could keep you awake if you were a light sleeper. The building has 2 floors. The half of the building closest to I-70 is real close, and the gas station could bother folks in the front of the other half of the building with traffic & lights. Also, in an apparent attempt to reduce noise from the reception/stairs/hallway area, there is a door at each of the four halves (top, bottom, left, right) which bangs a bit when it automatically closes and can be heard in the rooms adjacent to the door. Fortunately I had a room in the back in the half furthest away from I-70 and it was very quiet.

The breakfast was basic continental but I think you could make your own waffle (not sure). My stay here was pleasant but I was lucky with the room I got. Being a light sleeper, I would probably not risk staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank swtraveler2
Peyton, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Usually don't stay at Econo Lodges, but read the reviews and rating on Trip Advisor and since rated higher than any other Choice Privileges hotel in that area and had interior corridors, I took a chance and was more than pleasantly surprised. It was extremely clean and the front desk staff both in the evening checking in and morning check-out were very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. Only negative was that the fridge wasn't already on so took time to cool down. I will definitely recommend to others and will book there again when I return to Grand Junction in the future. And, yes there were homemade choc chip cookies at the check-in desk. Easy I-70 access and lots of restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: I don't think there was an elevator so maybe 1st floor room if you don't want to climb the s...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Peyton_John
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is a great find - while it may not be new, and not terribly appealing from the outside, the property has been well cared for and the rooms were very clean, comfortable and functional. The rates were excellent and without exception the staff were exceptional - friendly, responsive and efficient. I loved my stay at this property and I will definitely return next time I'm in Grand Junction.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor but were told that upper level rooms have microwaves and refrigerators...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Rooms are good but the continental breakfast really sucks.No swimming pool and the overall hotel is really small.Up to you to decide if thats okay.that's all I can say about this hotel.close to the highway though

• Stayed May 2013
Frederick, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed one night late April for $44, a price which worried us both except that TA reviews were positive. Easy interstate access and close to almost any restaurant you can think of. We were met with homemade choc chip cookies and a cheery check-in man. Our very clean room was spacious with 2 comfortable beds, table and chairs, free wifi, and average -sized bathroom. The free breakfast was sufficient. No eggs or bacon, but that was fine with me. Fresh fruit, oatmeal packets, hard-boiled eggs, dry cereal, pastries, several flavors of bagels, and toast. Wonderful stay for almost half what we paid for other ChoiceHotels on our week-long trip. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple