“A pleasant surprise”

Econo Lodge Grand Junction
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We were pleased to find a good night's sleep after a long day on the road. The room was very clean. Nice bedding. Free wifi. Plenty of room. Dog friendly. Helpful staff. Great value. If we are ever in the area again, we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This was by far the best experience at an Econo Lodge I've ever had. For a cheaper chain hotel this particular Econo Lodge was up to date, comfortable, and a very pleasant stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who is traveling here. I've stayed in more expensive hotel that we not as nice as this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My boyfriend, me and our little dog stayed here for a quick night on our way to Utah. The room was spacious and clean! I loved the soft towels! This hotel had nice comfy beds; it was a good place to rest our bones for a quick night. However, it was somewhat noisy and the environment it was located in kind of gave me the jeebs. All in all though, I was pleased with my stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Basic amenities -- quiet and clean room, comfortable beds. It's not the Ritz, but then again, you're not paying for the Ritz. It's definitely worth stopping here -- great value for the money. If you're traveling with dogs, do know that it's a walk across a large parking lot to get to a grassy area -- there's also an empty lot next to the hotel. We'd definitely stay again the next time we travel through the area.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here one night on our way to Montrose from Denver. We were in room 116 as my 78 year old father doesn't do well with stairs. There is no elevator in this hotel. Room 116 is the first room towards the right by the front desk next to the front parking lot. I was a little worried the freeway or front desk noise would keep me up. It could be that I was too tired to notice but something to be aware of for light sleepers. Room had two beds, desk and two chairs. Beds have white comforters which always seem more clean to me. Free breakfast with standard cold breakfast fare. Also can have hard boil eggs and a toaster to warm up bagels. Room where the breakfast is located is very small. Shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. Staff seemed friendly enough. When you first walked into the room it had a bit of a smell but soon went away. Nothing that got me overly concerned. My biggest complaint is the lack of light in the room. There was a lamp on the night stand between the two beds and another one in the corner of the room by the table. Nothing in the closet or entry area. It was a bit dark to see in my suitcase. Not sure how they could fix it though. I would also suggest someone vacuum behind the night stand. The rest of the room was spotless but around the nightstand and behind it was really gross. If back in the area would probably stay again. It is on the high end of EcoLodge and way less than my go to Hampton in town. We stayed here for $68 and Hampton before taxes etc quoted me $130.

1  Thank Me9247
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were driving through on Hwy 70 so a hotel not far off on a major exit is important. The location was easy, nearby restaurants provided some choice for dinner and the hotel's breakfast was good enough. The price was very moderate but the nicest surprise was how scrupulously clean everything was. The front desk puts out the same chocolate chip cookies as the Doubletree. Only caveat is the lack of an elevator to the 2nd floor BUT they can put you on the ground floor if you need it. I recommend you stay here for transit ease.

1  Thank Anonymous855
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I guess you get what you pay for and this is the case for the Econo Lodge. The hotel was supposed to be smoke free, but the hallway and our room smelled like cigarette smoke. The clerk was nice enough to spray and apologized for the smell, but was unable to move us because the hotel was completely booked. Breakfast was very standard bagels and muffins. The noise from the highway did not bother us at all even though we were pretty close (and I am a pretty light sleeper). We did enjoy the chocolate chip cookies in the evening.