“Very clean comfortable quiet and friendly staff”

Econo Lodge Grand Junction
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Meeteetse
“Very clean comfortable quiet and friendly staff”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Great price for a nice, fairly new hotel. Good location near I 70 but our room was quiet. Staff was efficient, helpful with directions and friendly at check in and again the next morning. Entire facility was very clean, the bed was comfortable and the room had everything we needed. Continental breakfast was on a par with similar hotels but everything was nicely laid out and well supplied. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MJ L
Chris E, General Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

The staff were all very friendly and wanted to make our stay pleasant. The rooms were exceptionally clean and neat. In fact, the entire hotel was very clean and well maintained.

The manager and staff are commended for maintaining very high standards. I highly recommend this Econo Lodge.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Chris E, General Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We take pride in making sure every guest has a pleasant stay and I’m very happy you enjoyed yours. Thank you for commending us for maintaining very high standards, it’s very good to hear it from our guest. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Crete, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Normally, just the phrase 'Econo Lodge' is enough to evoke fear in any traveler, but you will be thoroughly amazed at this one. After a string of pricey and disappointing hotels on our trip back from California to Nebraska, this was by far the best one we stayed at (and that list includes Best Westerns and the Monte Carlo in Vegas). I booked a room on my phone while we were driving, but after walking into the lobby and just being impressed with the cleanliness, I was able to book a second adjoining room for our kids (at a cheaper rate, surprisingly). The rooms were clean, well updated and comfortable. If I could just take this hotel with me when I travel, I would :) We were on the second floor next to the ice and vending machines, which was very convenient for us. The hotel is next to a gas station, handy for snacks and such. While the rooms didn't have a mini fridge or a flat screen TV, I was more than happy to give up those things for the comfortable bed, clean bathrooms and low price. Plus our boys were excited to get their own room, with their own beds, after being forced to listen to my husband snoring all night. The staff was friendly and accommodating; unfortunately we had to leave before breakfast. If there was anything that bothered me at all, it was that the gap under the door was fairly large and let in a lot of light at night, so I had to stuff a towel in it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JustAn0therCust0mer
Thank you for writing the wonderful review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share this with my employees, we all love our jobs and I’m glad it shows. I’m happy your boys were able to get their own rooms and I know how my children would be excited as well. We hope to see you all again in the future and hopefully you will be able to enjoy our breakfast. We do have waffles which the kids really enjoy.
Ignacio, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

it was very good. had a great time.. the people were awesome. i have no complaints... they had a great sense of humor and treated you like you were a customer and they didnt act like it was just a job, but they liked being there so that was a big plus.. food was great.. i will go back...i did get a ground floor, so that was good. i try not to stay at where they do not have elevators as i cant walk stairs or carry my luggage.. i dont ravel much but when i do i want to stay where i am safe and feel that the people work there really care. thank you so much

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Chris E, Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We do all love our jobs and I'm glad it shows. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2013

For the price, you cant get any better than this hotel. The rooms are modern, updated and very nicely decorated . Everything worked. The beds are soft, plump pillowtop matress style and pillows were fluffy and smelled freshly laundered. The carpeting looked fairly new. There was no fridge which was a minus. The shower / bath were spotless as was the rest of the room. I have stayed at 3 other hotels in GJ and this one was by far the best as far as the room goes. Yes the "Continental breakfast" was small, but sufficient enough , there were eggs, oatmeal, cereals, breads n muffins, fruit, hot choc, coffee and tea - i mean come on people ...this is not Dennys.
My only fault with this hotel was it was a bit hard to find as its tucked back behind a gas station and theres not a large lighted sign out on the road. Its right next to the Clarion Hotel. Behind a Shell station.

In the morning to deal with hall noise and slamming doors... why do people just let their room door slam shut behind them early in the morning??? Wouldnt it be kinder to hold the door as it closes and gently pull it shut, thats what i do, so as not to wake others. Anyways, i put the TV on channel 111, turn up the volume not too loud, but enough to let the static fuzzy white noise cancel out other sounds...sort of like a white noise machine. Voila! Slamming doors, showers, street noise all gone and i can rest a while longer.

The staff all 5 days was lovely and accomodating, even housekeeping people were friendly and polite.

I have family here in town so this is my new go to hotel, i just loved it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lynnmarie0123
Chris E, General Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the wonderful review for our hotel. We really appreciate your comments. I am happy that we were able to provide an enjoyable stay for you and look forward to seeing you again in the future. We love being your hotel of choice.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We went to 3 budget hotels and I was not satisfied. I asked my husband to please go here to check and I am so grateful we did. Without doubt, the Econo Lodge Grand Junction is a little gem. The rooms clean and well equipped. The staff is also of 'gem' quality. Every single person we dealt with was pleasant and helpful, very accommodating. Hats off to Chris to running a very well established property. If you need a night or 2 or more in the area, do not hesitate to stay here. Pet friendly was also a plus.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank floridonna
Chris E, General Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really enjoyed your visit and getting to know your family, including your dogs. I have shared your feedback with the staff and they appreciate your kind words. We hope to see you in the future.