“Bluejos” 1 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge Grand Junction
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
“Bluejos”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Uggggggg!!!! Just checked out on day two of a three day reservation. Had no intention of leaving and finding a new hotel mid day 90+ degree outside. On advise of other professional peers at a conference, I pulled back the sheets and found "critter carcasses and 'donut crumbles' on the main sheet. I called the managers "Liz and Jamison", who were less then helpful and seriously irritated when I showed them the "droppings". I was informed by Liz that unless requested, sheets are not changed out on a daily basis. I suspected used sheets when I checked in, however it was late, after five hours of driving, and I told myself 'the sheets are wrinkled because of "laundering"'. I considered staying with a change of all linens and bed covers, until Jamison called the room to inform me that no fresh bedding was available at this time of day; 5:30 p.m. It took 2 1/2 hours to get out, and into the
La Quinta, next door. Upon leaving, I noticed the same housekeeping staff is used between The Econo Lodge and The Clarion. I was not charged for the two days, however would gladly pay the extra $15 to avoid the creepiness, rude behavior from the managers, and hassle of finding another place to stay late in the day on my last night of my trip. I'm creeped out by the experience!

Find another place to stay.

Pictures attached.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Darlene C
Elizabeth P, Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Darlene,

First I want to apologize that we did not meet your expectations. A hotel is defined by the quality of the service it provides to it's guests. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology. Thank you for the feedback.

Elizabeth
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very good place to stay for the price. A little ways out from town but works. Check in was quick and rooms very clean and professional looking. Skip the continental breakfast, small room and little food selection to choose. Lots of traffic and restaurants within walking distance. Open desert lot on the backside.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Elizabeth P, Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest's reviews seriously. I apologize that your check in experience was less then you deserve. We have done some desk training for this exact situation. I know that because of your review my staff and I have come up with solutions to better serve all our guests.

Hope to see you on your next trip to Grand Junction. If you need any assistance with your future reservation don't hesitate to call.

Thank you again!

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The woman at the front desk was outstanding, very friendly and gave great suggestions on restaurants and stuff around town, plus free cookies. The room was clean and comfy. The hotel is a little close to the interstate, so if you are a light sleeper, take note of that. Great price, and a fantastic experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such positive feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I credit your experience at our hotel to my wonderful front desk team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next visit. If you need any assistance feel free to give us a call.

Columbus Junction, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I stayed there May 21-27, 2014. One of the cleanest and quietest motels we have stayed in. The staff was very friendly, and accommodating. We would definitely choose Econo Lodge Grand Junction when we return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We want all of our guest to feel comfortable. We appreciate your business and hope to see you on your next trip to Grand Junction.

Feel free to call us if you need any assistance with your future reservations.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stopped overnight on a road trip. The room was clean and comfortable. My only issue was check-in. Jamison was very pleasant, but there was another person ahead of us and Jamison was taking FOREVER on the phone with someone's reservation. The breakfast room was very small and warm.

The bottom line is that for a budget hotel, this one is an excellent value. Although it's right on the interstate, I didn't hear any noise and it had excellent access.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank almostelderlycouple
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The desk staff is friendly and accommodating. Our room was ready for us and we were given our choice of remaining king rooms. Outside of the sanitizer smell that seems to pervade the premises, it's clean and well kept. Our room was well appointed for an overnighter. I am always surprised at how quiet the rooms are considering its location and the amount of nightly guests it hosts. My wife and I have added this location to our list of potential Western Slope stay over locations. It's close to the Colorado National Monument-which is a must experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Elizabeth P, Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this review, 12 June 2014

Econolodge
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best Econo Lodge that I stay at and believe me I've spent time in a lot of them. They staff is extremely polite and the rooms are perfect. They have queen beds which most Econo Lodge have full size. I highly recommend staying here...thanks to the manager Chris and all her crew

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business