“Excellent Choice”

Econo Lodge Grand Junction
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We were looking for pet friendly accommodations for one night when we decided to stay at this hotel. It was a great decision. Front desk staff friendly, room clean, comfortable beds and fast Wifi connection. The parking lot was well lit which makes us feel much safer when walking our little dog after dark. The room actually looked much nicer than we expected from an economy hotel. Definitely received a lot more than we expected based on the price of a room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We were blown away with how nice this hotel is, for such a reasonable rate! Nice, clean, well decorated rooms, comfy bed, extremely friendly staff, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies at front desk, along with newspapers, and also located right next to a gas station which is nice so u can tank up before u leave! Also, breakfast at hotel starts at 6 am, which was nice as a lot of other hotels don't start til 7. Amazing place, cant say enough nice things! Wish we stayed for more than 1 night!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was skeptical at first because of location but was pleasantly surprised that the room was quiet being near the highway and airport. The staff was polite and very helpful when my wife and I had any questions. I would stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duane W
Elizabeth P, Manager at Econo Lodge Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Your feedback helps us in maintaining a property that all our guests are happy with. I have noted the problem you had with the bathroom doors and maintenance is looking into this issue.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A GREAT little Motel my boys and I stayed at on our road trip stop for the night. The price was awesome and I read great reviews so thought we would give it a try. Front desk staff (Lacey) I think was her name.. was VERY pleasant, friendly and helpful. They even had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at the front desk at night.. yummy!! The rooms where a great size for the 3 of us. Location isn't very far from Downtown GJ to head out, walk and eat dinner. Right off the 70 Hwy. The breakfast was free and the morning staff was beyond friendly, social and helpful. Decent breakfast selection considering its free. I would totally stay here again on a stop over trip for the night.

Remember this is a motel and that is what you are getting.. if you want high end, find another place.. if your looking for a quick layover, this is perfect.

Do have to add.. only downfalls: bathroom doors were a bit hard to close, hallways smelled of smoke (its a non smoking hotel) so maybe just in the walls or from the inconsiderate people who don't follow rules. The free WIFI.. well.. didn't work very good on the cell phones but seemed to work great on sons Kindle.

All in all.. A nice friendly stay ;-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I realize that this is a fairly inexpensive hotel, but I only have a few requirements for a quick overnight stop and these were not met. Traveling through the United States, we were looking for somewhere that offered free wireless Internet and we were unable to get it working successfully even after the hotel called for service maintenance.

The TVs were CRT, the beds were small, and the breakfast nook is very crowded even when there aren't many people there. However, we did enjoy the continental breakfast. There was not a lot of selection but what was there (including a waffle maker) was just what we needed in the morning.

If this hotel was rated poorly I likely would have given it "average," but part of the reason I looked to stay here was the rating and I felt as though these were deceiving.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank keidow
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very basic property, disadvantaged by tired, under maintained premises staffed by disinterested employees. The breakfast nook/buffet was ridiculously overcrowded and the pancake machine was malfunctioning with a hapless employee trying to sort things out, but insisting that his boss would not let him spray it so the pancakes wouldn't stick. I would not stay here again unless it was at huge discount to other alternatives.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dunnrej
Reviewed 15 July 2014

For an overnight stay or business trip, this is a great hotel. Not a lot of character, but friendly and well equipped. We spent the first night of a 3 week road trip here, and were very satisfied.

On The Diva's scale:
Security: 5
Cleanliness -- 5
Comfort -- 4 -- I hate squishy hotel pillows! but reasonably quiet, comfortable mattress.
Service -- 3 for the 800 reservation number, 5 for the people at the motel -- I was booking the room via cell phone while on the highway using the Econo Lodge central reservations service. The guy on the other end of the phone just couldn't be brief and efficient, even though I explained that I was on a cell phone and might lose the signal at any time. Then somehow he got us booked under my husband's name, not mine. (We have different last names.) This made check in a bit more complicated, but the desk clerk (very friendly and helpful) persevered, and got it all straightened out. He also gave us directions to a nearby park for a picnic supper.

Amenities -- 4 -- has a microwave and mini fridge, as well as the usual coffee maker, hair dryer, etc. I slept very well, which is unusual for the first night on a trip.

Value -- 5+ -- for $65, it couldn't be beat. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we're in GJ.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple