“Truly fresh”

Add it.
Fins Grill
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 17 April 2013

It has been a long time since I truly had "fresh fish" this good. I am used to living on the ocean and eating fish caught that same day. This restaurant had some of the best fish I have had in a long time. The service was friendly and attentative and the property was clean and neat. I will definately be going back.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

i dropped in here on a day when the rain was of biblical proportion. it was open early for lunch and looked interesting. the service is order at the counter and they deliver. the menu was somewhat limited, but i ordered a halibut salad (cajun style) and was really surprised at how tasty the fish and the salad were. there is nothing that makes the place stand out as exceptionally good or bad. it's just there and i would guess no one has either gotten sick from eating there nor had a guest shot on america's top chef from the prep of the food.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I always hesitate to order seafood in a restaurant that is located far from the sea! However, this one knows how to do it right. The owner actually owns fishing boats in Alaska and has his catch flown down fresh (told to us by our server).

Everything my husband and I ordered from the clam appetizer to our grilled fish meals was simply delicious. Husband ordered the haibut and I ordered the black cod and oh my - it was the tastiest melt in your mouth fish I've ever eaten. The salads were fresh and colorful, and the clam chowder was the best I've ever had.

We eat out frequently, so it takes a really fantastic meal for me to be impressed - and I was impressed! Our server was a charming young man and eager to describe all the choices on the menu. I'm looking forward to eating there again the next time I'm in Grand Junction. Noticed that the address is wrong - they recently moved, they're now located on Main St in downtown Grand Junction.

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Just had lunch. One drink had a chipped glass. Then although the restaurant was empty when we got there our food was cold. Salmon sandwich dry. French fries were greasy and cold. Would not recommend. Place smells fishy. Way pricey too.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We finally tried Fins Grill on Main Street, Grand Junction, CO and I'm sorry to say that it was a very disappointing experience - particularly since there are so many excellent restaurants in Grand Junction. We both had the fish taco, and both the tacos and the "Denali" fries that came with them (the restaurant plays of an Alaskan theme) were soggy and tasteless, as was the Alaskan Amber beer that I had with the meal. It didn't help that the owners apparently didn't put any effort into the setting, except for photos playing off an alleged Alaskan connection, so the entire feeling was rather unwelcoming and cold. My experience has been that much better seafood in much better settings is readily available in Grand Junction in restaurants that don't claim to specialize in seafood. We, at least, won't be back.