“Clean, Clean and Clean!!”

Motel 6 Grand Junction
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Loveland, Colorado
“Clean, Clean and Clean!!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

You should know what you get with a Motel 6. We use them for the nights we simply need a place to rest and are leaving early in the morning. We also travel with dogs. This Motel 6 was really nice. They have the right flooring for dogs in that they had a hardwood floor in our pet room. Motel 6 gets it right!!! Why can't these high dollar places do the same and take out the carpet in pet rooms? The one thing that stood out to me about this location was the cleanliness of the room. Very quite rooms too! There is no elevator and we had an outside room on the 2nd floor so it was a pain hauling our stuff up about 15 steps with the dogs. There is a doggie potty area towards the front where you drive in but we took them to the vacant lot just to the west. I would stay here again and recommend for a stop, sleep and go and I would get a bottom floor.

Room Tip: get a bottom floor room, especially if you have dogs. no elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BigYankCyclones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Parker, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I travel for business and pleasure a lot. I stay in a lot of hotels as a result. I don't write reviews ever. This nightmare is the exception to the rule. It was late when trying to find a hotel on the 27th of September, 2013. When I arrived at this hotel, I was told there was one last room available. A "smoking double" with "no television". After several calls and stops before this one, and as it being the last room, I figured I should probably settle down for the night. With a tired smile, I said "I'll take it". The first thing I noticed when entering the room was the fact it had laminated / simulated hardwood floors throughout. I don't know if it was the texture I felt with my feet, or the "ECHO...OOO...OOOOO" I heard. No biggie, but from The Ritz, all the way down to this little gem, I can safely say...this was the first hotel / motel I have ever stayed in with a hardwood floor. It was definitely a smokers room. As I don't smoke, it reeked of a cheap cigar, in a pool hall, on a Saturday night. The fact that there was no television was fine, as I just wanted to sleep. What it looked like, is it had a television recently, but it was obvious that it was stolen. This was very apparent due to the fact that the base anti-theft unit was still attached to the counter, with what appeared to be pry marks where a television once was. I laughed it off, considered the cheap price I had received, and went to sleep. Then, the dog barking started. Yep, I came to realize VERY quickly this was in fact a "Pet Friendly" establishment. I empathize with pet owners who travel, but "THE HARDWOOD FLOOR...FLOOR....FLOOR"...was resonating a Pit Bulls bark, from a friendly looking kid, smoking a cigarette downstairs, wearing a wife beater. I had awoken in the hotel from hell. Believe it or not, none of this really effected me, until I woke up the next morning and discovered no hot water 2 minutes into my shower. Forgive me, but it's 2013...what hotel has NO HOT WATER in the A.M. for it's guests. Was I even a guest at this point? There is a fine line between value and cheap. This establishment is in it's very own category. By far the worst hotel I have ever experienced in my lifetime of travel. Do yourself a favor. There is a bridge right down the road from this place...get a sleeping bag, and enjoy the serenity of roughing it. Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Buy a tent...sleep under a bridge. This hotel is not worth a penny.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John S
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Grand Junction, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
John S, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Grand Junction hotels

Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed here for a week in July 2013. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. They are pet friendly as well.

The room was in very good condition and everything worked. The a/c was not that great, but kept the room tolerable. We were pleased to have a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. It appeared that the room had been recently remodeled. The sheets, towels and so forth were clean and fresh.

However, the beds were very uncomfortable to me. I woke each morning with my back hurting severly. However, I have a back injury, and these same beds may not hurt anyone elses back.

I found the stay very pleasant and enjoyed my time there. I would highly recommend it to anyone. The rates were also good, and I was charged the amount that the website offered. Overall, we were very pleased with this motel and would definetly stay there again.

Jeff B

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeff B
Trinec, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed one night in this motel on our way to Colorado. However it was the poorest Motel 6 we stayed so far. Pool was under maintanance, I asked for some compensation - free wifi, but lady at reception denied that. Also we used laundromat which soiled our clothes more that it was before. Price was higher than in last Motel 6 we have been, but service was definitely worst.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank omzu
Reviewed 24 May 2013

They advertise kids stay free, then give you rooms that only have a stand-up shower! No bathtub to give your small children a bath. Also, in my non smoking room, my blanket had cigarette burn holes. You have to pay extra for Wi-Fi, and on our tv we only received 17 very staticy channels.

• Stayed May 2013
Herriman
Reviewed 20 May 2013

When you stay with dogs, you don't have much choice. I decided to leave after one night during the soccer tournament and swim meet weekend. Got a smoking room when I booked a non-smoking room and the air conditioner only cooled the room a few degrees.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I got diverted on a flight to Aspen to Grand Junction. I fly stand by and had no reason to be bussed to Aspen when was just trying to get to Dallas. My flight to Dallas wasn't until the next morning so I stayed the night at Motel 6. It is directly across the street from the airport with in walking distance. The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I was in room 44. It was perfect for a hot shower & good night sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo