“Good for what you paid for”

Mesa Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Lafayette, Colorado
“Good for what you paid for”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We just needs to stay a night on the way back to home.
The hotel is pretty run down, but good for what we paid for. We also tried a local restaurant based on the front desk's recommendation and had good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank June B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I often stay at low priced motels on my way to my destinations. I especially enjoy finding locally owned independent places that are affordable and provide quaint and quirks to enjoy. This wasn't it. Our non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Not as if the last customer sneaked one, like they suddenly decided to slap a nonsmoking sticker on a smoking room without deep cleaning it or airing it out! Absolutely disgusting. The room would have been tolerable without that, nothing special at all but priced ok. I can't deal with stench. Now we all need decongestant, despite taking allergy meds yesterday. Not want we want when traveling.

• Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Grand Junction hotels

Garfield, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We booked here based on the description for a quick overnight on our way home from vacation. The description said sleep number mattress and balcony queen room. Seriously??? Old lumpy mattresses, no "down" comforters (thread bare coverlets). The balcony must be referring to the walkway overlooking the parking lot (not a personal balcony - just the typical walkway around a second story). Too tired to try to find an alternative. Room was clean, sort of. One nightstand had something sticky on it. It is quite though. This is your average low end motel - nothing like the descriptions you read on Expedia or elsewhere! Air conditioner thermostat has apparently been altered as it keeps kicking off and is nowhere near cool. That is why I am up at 1:41 am writing this review!!! It is too hot to sleep!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nwakris
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

It is a clean motel but with low class.
The furniture is dated and worn. Breakfast was very limited (ran out of some items) and not the cleanest. The security latch was missing and the bed was a full size instead if an expected queen.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if a good room would be available.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gfsmith2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My stay was very enjoyable. Rooms are clean and in good condition. If I had to complain it would be the water is very very hot, but that’s like complaining you have too much fun. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It does get a bit noisy but hey, it's a hotel. The comp continental breakfast is like any other, quite adequate. My bed was not very comfortable but the pillows were so I did get some sleep. On our departure morning it was raining and since we were on motorcycles the host allowed us to stay till noon and wait out the storm. Hotel is easy to find off hwy 70 and close to many restaurants within walking. If you like good value Mesa Inn is your place.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the street are noisier and seem to get more traffic in and out the front parking vs...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 1961eugene
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Clean and cheap. Pretty noisy. As other reviewers have noted, you can hear people next-door quite plainly and obviously. you can hear people walking around outside and talking outside too. The drapes in the room would not close and finally had to go to clip to keep them together. The shower felt great but did not drain. The room had been freshly painted and the walls look nice. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the Internet does not work well at all. In fact did not work for me at all. When I reserved the room, I was told it had a refrigerator in it, but it did not. The front desk was nice enough and helpful so I give them kudos for that. The first room smelled so bad that I had to go to the front desk and request a different room. I was graciously and without question given the second room. Breakfast is a joke, all they have is two kinds of sugar cereal to choose from, white bread, and honeybun and muffins. I guess it's okay if you like sugar sugar sugar and Empty carbos.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank NurseMcGill
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here with two kiddos and set myself up for some indoor "camping." We brought our own pillows and breakfast items since we were going to have a fridge and microwave. For the discounted rate we paid compared to others in the area I was fine. The room was clean and the hot shower had great water pressure. The hotel listing on another travel site touts sleep number beds and flat screen TV's - not in the room we stayed in. The free wi-fi must only work in rooms near the front desk and there was no plug in either. Bummer for us and our gagets. My son got a bagel both mornings just because he could. The kids were a little creeped out that we were staying at a MOTEL instead of a HOTEL. We were just fine and safe. The night front desk guy was very nice and personable. I had to go to the desk for a hair dryer and extra towels.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family