“Quiet and Friendly”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Craig, Colorado
“Quiet and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

The hotel is located about 1 mile off I-70, adjacent to the mall and shopping areas with great access. The staff is friendly, the rooms are quiet, updated and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast bar is a good start for your day.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I think not enough people understand the importance of knowing how other people's experiences have been. We pride ourselves on our guest's experiences and believe that we are only happy when you are.

Everyone in our hotel knows that without you we wouldn't be in a position to offer the next guest the same awesome experience. I am so happy that we delivered all that you expected.

If you are to find yourself back in Grand Junction we would be so pleased to offer you yet another awesome experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have stayed here for both business and on family trips. They are always very friendly at the front desk and get me into my room very quickly. I have to say the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever stayed in (even more than mine at home). The rooms are always clean and the breakfast is the typical H.I.E. but it is free and hot. I like the location because you are close to I-70 and all shopping/eats. If you want Starbucks it is right across the parking lot but get there early as the line can go on forever.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for noting our awesome staff. With out them I do not know what I would do. I honestly believe that our staff can rival and other hotel's staff for the best in the country.

Breakfast is included at our hotel. And we pride ourselves on it. Joslyn is our Breakfast Bar Manager and she has implemented a rotating menu as to avoid our guests staying multiple nights from eating the same food in consecutive days. It really just makes for a really fulfilling start to your day. Not only does Joslyn keep our guest happy with the food she prepares, but she keeps the Health Department happy. I am so excited to tell everyone that our hotel is the only hotel in Grand Junction that has won the Mesa County's Blue Ribbon Award. This award was given out to all establishments that serve food and had 0...that is right ZERO health code violations! No other hotel can this this feat. So when you are choosing a hotel and want a great breakfast that you know is served to the expectations that professionals expect (Health Department) you can rest assure that we will deliver.
Pueblo, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed in this property and was stunned at the new look of the hotel. I was here several months earlier when they were in the middle of the construction work and it was awful. But the inconveniences then were clearly worth it. Everything in the hotel is brand new, from furnishings to the beds. The wide screen televisions have many HD channels. They literally replaced everything from the carpets to the ceiling. When you walk in, it has a Courtyard by Marriott feel. Considering the reasonable room rate, this may be the best value I've had with Holiday Inn and I'm a Platinum member who spends well over 100 nights a year in hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
My apologies for the delayed response, but I have to say THANK YOU. Trip Advisor is just an awesome guest tool. And you being a Platinum member, know more than 99% of travelers of what a great hotel should be. Thank you for the review.

We worked so hard during the remodel to make sure we did all we could to ensure everyone that we were about to deliver an absolutely beautiful hotel with great customer service. And I am so pleased to have met your expectations.

I hope that we have become your hotel of choice in Grand Junction. I have done so much to improve guest experience since I started managing the hotel back in 2011. One thing that I did was to drastically improve the experience of guest relations. From adding "goodie" bags for Gold and Platinum members, as well as offering a very nice Priority Club incentive of at least 1,000 bonus PC points to all returning guests.

Please let me know when you are returning to Grand Junction. I will be sure to add some PC points for your stay.

Priority Club has been more than just a hotel rewards program as you know. Winning the prestigious award of Best Hotel Club for over 7 years in a row, speaks volumes for what we can offer as a thank you for our guests.

Again, thank you for the review. I hope to see you soon.

Roy Blake
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013 via mobile

Good, clean hotel. The free continental breakfast was decent and filled the kids up. One thing we like about this chain is a lot of them have rooms big enough to fit us all - family of 6. It's surprisingly hard sometimes to find that.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for the reply. And thank you for mentioning our "large" rooms. I think that not enough travelers, especially families, know about our 3 bed suites. They have 2 Queen size beds and a separate bedroom with a King size bed. Both rooms have their own 37" flat screen TV and A/C and heating unit. And one of my favorite things about the rooms is they all have a view of the Grand Mesa.

These rooms are especially good for the family looking to save on their stay, as the extra bed allows more people and saves from the need of renting a 2nd room.

I hope to see you again. If you ever need anything please let us know, and as always you can call me. Just call the hotel and ask for extension 500.
Monticello, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

It was my husband and I's anniversary so we decided to head to Grand Junction Colorado to do a little shopping and have a nice night out, and since we run a motel back home, to stay somewhere where they would do all the work instead of us. The price was higher for that time of year then I expected, but when we walked in the front desk clerk gave us a nice break for our anniversary and we got upgraded to a king suite which was beautiful! A front room with pull out sofa and tv a nice coffee bar area and lovely bathroom which was done gorgously! The bed was so comfortable and the tv in the back room was nice to have! The set up was amazing! The only problem we had was at 6am in the morning, the room directly above us must have had children or something because they sounded like elephants running from one end of the room to the other. We ignored it at first, but then it continued on for an hour longer. I finally called up to the front desk to have them handle it. I was really surprised that with this being a new building they didnt think to put better sound proofing in the floor joist. So, so much for sleeping in! Besides that it was wonderful. Thank you for the nice stay!

Room Tip: I would say to get the top floor (3rd) because of the sound from the other floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
gjhiexpressmanager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thank you for your review. It is nice to get feedback from someone who is in the hospitality industry. I apologize about the noise. You are correct, there were some kids running around. We did speak to the parents and had the noise subdued.

I am happy to hear that you had a good trip on your anniversary. If you are ever back in Grand Junction look us up. I would love to talk "Shop" with you someday. I believe the best business ideas come when we can have a non bias input on the industry.
Ridgway, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

This seems like a new hotel. It was nice, clean, and comfortable with friendly staff. The location was a plus for us since I was taking 3 teenage girls shopping and it is close to the mall; walking distance to shopping and Starbucks. The girls enjoyed the pool and were up late at night, safely sitting downstairs watching TV and on the computers in the business center. We would definitely stay here again. My only complaint was that we didn't get to stay long enough! Another night would have been nice.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for the kind words. We just completed a complete remodel of the interior of the hotel. The business center was one of the additions that we added and the guests are loving it. Just like in your case, you are able to feel safe knowing a hotel employee is close by while your loved ones are up late on the computer or watching tv.

If you come back to GJ to do any shopping or just for some fun let us know. And be sure to ask the desk about the restaurant discounts we offer.

Thank you again. We appreciate your feedback and your business.
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

if you are undecided on picking a hotel while driving through grand junction,this is the one. it is right off i-70 and the room was spacious,clean and the bed very comfortable.blanket and sheets were very good quality. the staff couldn't have been nicer and the convenience of having a large shopping area across the street for restaurants,gas, and a super market were just a bonus.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Thank you! Not to get to caught up in your comments, but we sure do try to be the best Holiday Inn Express that we can be. After our remodel (Spring 2012) we worked really hard in retraining and adjusting things to better serve our guests.

We are very lucky to be so close to shopping. A mall, numerous restaurants, a gas station, Starbucks, etc etc etc are all in walking distance.

We hope you can make it back to see us soon. Thank you again for the kind words. I am having a staff meeting tomorrow. All guests comments/feedback are shared, and I will be sure to include your comments.