“Excellent, superb, and the most sexiest owner ever.”

Le Rouge Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 262 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Price range: US$9 - US$36
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Le Rouge Restaurant, located in historic downtown Grand Junction, offers exceptional French-American fusion cuisine while highlighting some of the region's most talented musicians. Combining a variety of styles to complement your dining experience, Le Rouge has become the local spot to hear some of the best jazz music in western Colorado. Savor your experience in our intimate dining room, or enjoy a beautiful Colorado evening on the outside patio. Or sink into an over-sized easy chair around the beautiful Piano Bar - the heart of "The Rouge", as its become known, and sample some of the most unique cocktails and extensive wine list you'll find in the area.
“Excellent, superb, and the most sexiest owner ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Excellent food, service, atmosphere! Love this place! The chocolate raspberry martini is the absolute best. The staff is super friendly and genuine. Food menu is fantastic. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Staff is amazing.. food is amazing.. drinks are amazing. Everytime my husband and I go there we always get amazing service. Love the atmosphere and feel. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a night out with great food drinks and music :)

Preston, United Kingdom
“A Good Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely meal at this up market restaurant on the Main St in Grand Junction. The food and wine were high quality and the service was both friendly and attentive. We are from the UK and spent just one night in Grand Junction. We were glad we chose to go to Le Rouge. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“What a scam!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

New to the area, so we tried this place as it advertised 1/2 price wine from 4 - 6pm and was supposed to have a good band later in the evening.
Between 2 of us, we had 4 drinks and an appetizer. The drinks are expensive so all the better to go during happy hour....we thought. Had a crab cake as a appetizer and out comes this little one and a half inch round patty that had very little flavor. Later, we asked to be seated for supper and had Calamari appetizer which was the best food of the evening. Very tender and lightly breaded. We had a seafood pasta dish that was absolutely terrible. It had 2 pieces of shrimp that were overcooked and rubbery, 2 pieces of salmon that again were overcooked and lacked flavor and a few mussels and clams that tasted old and rubbery. It was supposed to have spinach in the pasta, which I'm not a big fan of and after asking about it, the waiter told me there was very little spinach in the pasta. When we get the meal, turns out it was "spinach pasta." Apparently the waiter didn't know?
Then things go from bad to worse when we got the bill. Instead of 1/2 prices drinks we were charged full price! When I brought this to their attention, I was told we had ordered the drinks after happy hour. After I explained when had ordered the drinks and that even the last drinks were "ordered" before happy hour ended. Was first told the prices reflected when the staff enters the drink into the computer, which didn't make any sense. Then was told that we had to have paid the bar tab in the bar to get the discount. We were never told that when we asked to be seated for supper. Even after complaining, they would not reduce the drinks we had during happy hour.
There are better places in town to try with a lot better food. Oh, and the band, they were actually pretty good. Still.....avoid this place!!

1 Thank Steve W
Patrice P, Owner at Le Rouge Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
We at Le Rouge take great pride in our restaurant ensuring that by selecting the finest products, staff and policies. Our Happy Hour is between 4pm-6pm. Wines by the glass are 1/2 price, well drinks $4.00 and bottled beer $3.00. Appetizers on our bar menu are 1/2 portion at a discounted price also. This pricing is controlled by our computer system according to the time of day any item ordered before 6pm will show this discounted price after 6pm full menu pricing. This system works because the computer tracks orders and time saving much confusion. We also have a very clear menu which states Seafood Pasta Spinach Fettuccini which is, yes, made of spinach. Unfortunately your server could have offered you another option and didn't. Upon further investigating I can conclude that you had drinks wine appetizers an entrée and dessert at around $110.00 and your tab was paid at 8:40pm almost 3 hours from happy hour. We sincerely apologize you were very unhappy with your experience at our restaurant but fail to see any scam being used here.
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great people, food, and drinks every time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Every time I venture into Le Rouge I have a different and enjoyable experience. The food is amazing, and I like how the menu changes, so I alway have something new to choose from. The meat is always fresh and the drinks compliment the food very well. Possible my favorite thing about the restaurant is the crowd that I find there. I am always able to meet new people, and can keep it low key or have a lively night.

There is no other place in town where I can enjoy such great food with an amazing atmosphere right down town. Whether I'm looking for a quick appetizer, a bottle of wine, or a fun night with friends, Le Rouge is always a great place to stop into. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013