“Friendly, cozy, lovely place”
Review of Columbine Motel

and 1 more site!
Columbine Motel
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Manager is super warm and helpful. Room is cozy, comfortable and clean. I needed to send some large files over internet. The manager arranged me to stay at the room with best signal, and I had the best internet speed among 5 motels I have stayed on this road trip. Highly recommended.

Hope the local economy recovers soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Weidong Y
There are newer reviews for Columbine Motel

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We took a chance on this motel due to the positive reviews and I am glad we did. The rooms are much nicer than the property appears on the outside. The rooms were clean and the owners were very nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JanxK
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed for one night while passing through Grand Junction. Luckily someone had cancelled so I was able to get a room there. Clean rooms with new flooring: hard flooring so much better than carpet. Nice friendly couple who were helpful. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GreenRiverCouple
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Every hotel right off I-70 was booked and we were referred here. We almost decided to keep driving but since we were so tired we decided to at least check it out. I'm so glad we did! It's unbelievably clean, updated in the rooms with new flooring, furniture, and fixtures including a wall mounted TV. The location is wonderful for all kinds of eats, drinks, and shopping. The owner is super friendly and helpful and recommended a fabulous Chinese buffet for us. There's a gazebo out front with a BBQ grill.

The mattress is hard and the pillows thin. That's really my only small complaint. Now that the rooms are updated I hope they change their sign because it's so outdated it gives a bad first impression but I'm sure they will get to it if the rest of the place is anything to go by.

FYI they don't take AAA but the rate was still decent considering they could have charged a lot more knowing all the big chain hotels were full.

I would actually drive the few miles extra to stay here again, and since I drive from CA to MI a few times a year and Grand Junction is always our stopping point there's a good chance I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Mjoseph320
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is an old motor inn that It is located in a commercial area about 3 miles off the interstate. It's on one of the town's busy streets with lots of gas stations, fast food restaurants, etc. There are numerous 60s-era motels on this street and I suspect this is one of the better ones. The owners have updated the property nicely. The rooms boast nicer furnishings, bedding, flooring, lighting than you would ever expect from looking at this property from the exterior.

I enjoy staying at older mom-and-pop motels--especially if they're clean and a good value. This one fills the bill on both fronts. One downside: wi-fi was very weak.

Room Tip: Ask for a low-numbered room. The higher numbers have more street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank OnTheRoadAgain1954
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The place is pretty basic and the price was right. Very clean, but VERY LOUD. Nice people running the place. Fresh doughnuts and some other basics in the morning. Pet friendly, tiny TV, yes it is a flat screen but very small.

Room Tip: Ask for something in the middle for a quieter room. I was on the end in (I believe) room 26 and it i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Hikergirl6
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed here after reading the rave reviews on Tripadvisor. It is the perfect place if you are not looking for the luxuries of a "hotel". No big breakfast, no fancy pool. We come to GJ to visit our daughter at the college. We always go out to eat, don't have time for swimming. This old school motel fits the needs and is a great price. Our room had hardwood (fake) flooring, flat screen, small fridge and a nuke machine. The bathroom size would be the only complaint, but I don't sleep in the bathroom. Owners are very friendly and helpful. I will stay again!

Room Tip: For $10 more a night get a room with two beds, they are larger rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family