All reviews owner manager north ave continental breakfast hardwood floors great price microwave and fridge coffee pot road noise passing through grand junction bagels a great place to stay hot water hard boiled eggs would definitely stay here again colorado national monument beds were very comfortable night's sleep
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Tuesday morning I called to cancel my Wednesday night reservation. Manager said since I booked online, I need to cancel online. Hung up, cancelled online, got e-mail that said received your cancellation, we'll work with the property to possibly work something out (I cancelled after the free cancellation period). Cool, I had to cancel, so if I got a bit of a refund, great, but fully expected I wouldn't. Wednesday night at 9:30, hotel manager calls to say I didn't show up. I explained the detail and he said 'no no no no you didn't cancel'. Ok, yes I did. 10 minutes this went on and I asked him if he would like to see the e-mail and if he was actually calling me a liar. He said he didn't want the e-mail proof and yes, he was calling me a liar. I don't know the purpose for the call even and I told him I didn't expect a refund, but all he repeated was no no no no, you didn't cancel. Never stayed there, never will, no idea what the point was except to encourage me to spread the word. (this is my first bad review ever) My fault for letting the call go that long - I was sort of shocked.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Nice old style remodeled hotel. Great price and everything we needed. Clean and well cared for. Friendly owner that cares well for the hotel.
We were there 3 nights for winery’s and Colorado National Monument.
I would stay with Columbine Motel again if I am in the area.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank B6065PIkarenc
Reviewed 25 August 2018

This motel is pretty plain on the outside, although it does have a gazebo with a grill that you can use if the weather is nice. Inside the room is very clean, with tasteful art on the walls, there is a table for two with two comfortable dining chairs, the bed is comfortable, the bathroom has a wonderful shower and is decorated uniquely, not like a chain, and the towels are soft. The owner/manager is extremely cordial. The breakfast is continental style so simple but has hard boiled eggs so it has some protein at least. A great value in a beautiful town!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 660larryr
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to the Columbine Motel and we wouldn’t consider staying anywhere else. The rooms are all different, decorated beautifully and very clean. The owner is friendly and helpful - he even helped us figure out the vertical blinds when he saw us struggling. We love staying here and will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank susanwF7071TS
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This motel was a clean and well taken care of, if not a little dated, but at least they made an attempt to make it look modern. My only big complaint was that the beds were WAY too firm. It was like sleeping on the ground.

• Trip type: Travelled with family