“Great food...horrible beer!”

Rockslide Brewery
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: It's about 100 percent pure enjoyment at the Rockslide Restaurant and Brewery, celebrating more than 20-years of quality food, beer and fun.You'll feel right at home in our eclectic and historic building. We have two patios for you to enjoy al fresco dining, or move the party indoors to our comfortable bar or family-friendly dining room. The Rockslide Restaurant and Brewery offers Sunday brunch, and is open for lunch, dinner and anything in between seven days a week. Locally owned and operated, The Rockslide is committed to serving up local meats and produce. Whatever your taste buds are craving, the Rockslide has you covered. From Grilled Top Sirloin and Blackened Catfish, to fresh and delicious salads and sandwiches. There's something for everyone at The Rockslide Restaurant and Brewery.
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great food...horrible beer!”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We stopped in here before going down the street to a bar called Quincys for a rock n' roll show. We saw the brewery and gave it a try.

The food here is excellent. Absolutely delicious. I had the buffalo meat loaf, my friend had the tuna and our local tag along had the shrimp pasta. We all tried each others dishes, and admitted the cooks in the kitchen were absolute pros.

But when it came to the beer (after all, it IS a brewery) that was a different story. We all ordered pints of different brews. And we've got to say that the beer here seriously sucks. There was seriously so much diacytl in the beer. (the not-so-yummy buttery flavor that exists during the brewing process) We all agreed it tasted like were drinking nothing but the artificial butter flavor put on popcorn. YUCK!! By far the worst beer from a brewery that I've EVER consumed. Even when we went to the show at night and talked with a few locals, they all tend to agree the beer made at this place blows, and blows hard. I couldn't wait to get a nice cold canned, cheap beer as anything tasted better than the beer produced here.

Just my honest opinion. The food = excellent. The beer = horrible. Just that simple.

1 Thank Erik S

Wyoming
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I like having lunch here when my crew and I come into town. Food is good, beer is good, service is good.

Palisade, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to love it.”
Reviewed 22 April 2009

For many years I have patronized the Rockslide but my last experience was much less than ideal. I have lived out of the area for the last 10 years but have recently returned to the Valley. Every time I visited, I would make a stop. So it seemed natural that my husband and I invite our out of town guests to meet us for dinner at the Rockslide on Friday, April 17. We each ordered different entrees but all agreed that the quality was very poor. The pork chop gravy tasted like it was from a can and the asparagus along side it was way overcooked. My $10 Santa Fe salad was a pathetic lump of iceberg lettuce with 2-3 roasted chilies and a small, dry chicken breast all surrounded by stale tortilla chips slivers. My husband’s Alfredo pasta dish was bland and mediocre at best, again accompanied by overcooked asparagus. The fish tacos my friend had were also tasteless, save the oversalting, and haphazardly thrown together. My friends did enjoy the beer, but my glass of Grande River Merlot tasted as though it had turned to vinegar. Without getting too personal, let’s just say that after the meal, I experienced crippling gas pains.

I was embarrassed that I had chosen the dinner restaurant and let my friends down. I know I should’ve said something that night, but I didn’t. I am writing to say that I used to love the Rockslide, I used to take my friends there, but after my last experience, I will be going elsewhere. I’m not sure what’s happened behind the scenes, but the quality of the food has really gone downhill.

1 Thank irmastar
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good homestyle american food”
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I ate at the Rocklside quite a bit while I lived there. They have great burgers and great fries that their portions are huge... they have recently tried to revamp the atmosphere there and i cant' say that I am a fan. Their servers wear all black and they redid some of the fixtures to make it look more modern, i personally liked the brew-pubby feel it used to have. Food is normally good although their ceasar dressing tastes more like italian

Grand Junction, CO
“Always feel at home!!”
Reviewed 18 January 2009

My family and I love going to the Rockslide! We eat there at least once a week, if not more. My husband and I love to stop in for a beer and a Rockslide platter after a day of walking around downtown on Saturdays. The bartender, Patricia is always so charming and attentive, and she never fails to brighten our day. To anyone who loves a fun atmosphere with a professional and friendly staff, this is the place for you!