“Fun Place to Hang”

Rockslide Brewery
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: It's about 100 percent pure enjoyment at the Rockslide Restaurant and Brewery, celebrating more than 20-years of quality food, beer and fun.You'll feel right at home in our eclectic and historic building. We have two patios for you to enjoy al fresco dining, or move the party indoors to our comfortable bar or family-friendly dining room. The Rockslide Restaurant and Brewery offers Sunday brunch, and is open for lunch, dinner and anything in between seven days a week. Locally owned and operated, The Rockslide is committed to serving up local meats and produce. Whatever your taste buds are craving, the Rockslide has you covered. From Grilled Top Sirloin and Blackened Catfish, to fresh and delicious salads and sandwiches. There's something for everyone at The Rockslide Restaurant and Brewery.
Ouray, Colorado
“Fun Place to Hang”
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I have been here a couple of times and each time, I have had a very nice experience... Not too pricey, but worth every dime you spend there. I enjoyed the beer and the location for sure.

Columbus, Ohio
“Nice Downtown Restaurant -- reasonable prices, good choices”
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We were visiting family in Grand Junction and had went downtown early on Thursday to eat before the on street Farmer's Market began. We actually were heading to another restaurant when we passed by this restaurant. The menu looked good and so we went in.

It was only 5:00 p.m., and we were seated immediately. But as we were dining, the restaurant became crowded and there was about a 20 minute wait when we left. Our dining time in the restauant was decent...about an hour. On street parking in front of the restaurant in downtown Grand Junction is difficult, (as is all on street parking) BUT there is a very large parking lot behind the restaurant off of Colorado Ave. Parking is free in this lot after 4:30 p.m. and there are meters for parking in the times before that.

The restaurant is in a remodeled storefront and is somewhat dark inside, but still a very nice atmosphere. The main restaurants are in the basement (modern, clean and very nice), but they also have a handicapped only restaurant at the rear of the restaurant. (my father said it was very clean as well.) The handicapped restroom is somewhat hidden and not well marked however.

They have their own brewery and my uncle had a house brew. He had a the dark lager and said he didn't like it and wouldn't order it again.

Onto the food.... many various choices and reasonablly priced. Everyone enjoyed their meal....quesadillas, buffalo meatloaf, prime rib, filet mignon and a hamburger were the choices.

I had the Prime Rib (a special that night) and it was very good. I always attempt to cut it with a regular knife to see tenderness and this piece of meat easily passed that test. I was very impressed by how little fat was on the prime rib. Usually restaurants leave extra fat on prime rib in order to increase its weight and save money, but this piece of meat had hardly any on it. It was not overly seasoned. The french fries were curly fries with a great and flavorful coating. The only negative would be the salad....too many carrot pieces and purple cabbage and not much lettuce. (still a good salad).

Service was a little slow and we had to ask twice to replace a dropped fork but it was tolerable. I was most impressed however by the fact that you have to walk by the open kitchen to your seats and when you leave. As we were leaving, several members of the kitchen staff thanked us for coming and asked if we had enjoyed our meal. A different touch that I really liked.

Overall, this is a very nice restaurant in downtown Grand Junction and was a great place to go before the Farmer's Market (and helped beat the crowd....). I would reccommend this restaurant to everyone and would like to return on my next visit to Grand Junction.

Northeast US
“Wonderful, Reasonable Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Sent downtown by the folks at the Doubletree and had an excellent dinner with my family. Beautiful restoration of an old office building. Food was great (I had ribs my wife had a steak) and prices extremely reasonable. It was very busy and lively for a Saturday Night. Walking downtown after dinner was a real treat -- it has been a long time since I saw storefronts of old stores that were still in business. Great restaurant and great evening.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great food...horrible beer!”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We stopped in here before going down the street to a bar called Quincys for a rock n' roll show. We saw the brewery and gave it a try.

The food here is excellent. Absolutely delicious. I had the buffalo meat loaf, my friend had the tuna and our local tag along had the shrimp pasta. We all tried each others dishes, and admitted the cooks in the kitchen were absolute pros.

But when it came to the beer (after all, it IS a brewery) that was a different story. We all ordered pints of different brews. And we've got to say that the beer here seriously sucks. There was seriously so much diacytl in the beer. (the not-so-yummy buttery flavor that exists during the brewing process) We all agreed it tasted like were drinking nothing but the artificial butter flavor put on popcorn. YUCK!! By far the worst beer from a brewery that I've EVER consumed. Even when we went to the show at night and talked with a few locals, they all tend to agree the beer made at this place blows, and blows hard. I couldn't wait to get a nice cold canned, cheap beer as anything tasted better than the beer produced here.

Just my honest opinion. The food = excellent. The beer = horrible. Just that simple.

1 Thank Erik S
Wyoming
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I like having lunch here when my crew and I come into town. Food is good, beer is good, service is good.