“Local hangout, not that great”
Review of Raintree Restaurant - CLOSED

Raintree Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I can't imagine why this place gets such good reviews. We could tell that the locals love it (I'm from out of town), and I understand that. Service is good and folks seem to know each other. They serve large quantities of food. That's it for plusses. The quality is mediocre. The green chili was blah. It's the old friendly oilcloth tablecloth type crowded restaurant. I'm sure there must be better places than this for breakfast in Grand Junction.

There are newer reviews for Raintree Restaurant

Reviewed 3 April 2011

We've eaten at The Raintree frequently over the last several years not only because the menu offers a variety of items, each meal has been DELISH!! The portions are HUGE- you get MORE than you pay for- usually have to get a takeout box because we can't finish the plate full of food! We like the service- the servers are FAST& ATTENTITIVE! The servers and cooks work as a team and seem to have fun with their jobs. They know ALOT of the customers by name & their "personal likes" and do their best to accomodate them- it makes it more personal when the girls know what we like & call us by name when we walk in the door! My friend has some food allergies & they really work with her on making food she can eat, & the servers and cooks are pleasant when having those special orders, where at some other places it seems to be an annoyance! The prices are a real value, I think the most expensive thing I've had is the steak sand. @ $8.95. Everythings cooked to order, but its fast, hot and fresh! The owner makes a green chili that's to die for and he's usually around when we stop in for lunch. I like to see that when I eat at a small place. The owner gets right in & helps out! It's a great place to eat & makes you feel comfortable, like home!
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU EAT HERE- ONCE YOU START, THE GIRLS WILL KNOW YOUR NAME TOO, BECAUSE YOU'LL BE BACK!

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Entering the Raintree Restaurant was like journeying back into my Grandma's kitchen. The homemade hollandaise sauce on my Eggs Benedict was the best I have ever had anywhere. Going down the menu on subsequent visits I find delicious homemade sausage, new tantalizing homemade soups and sauces at every visit. The service was friendly, accomodating and personable. It is well worth the visit to the Strip Mall to find this high quality of food, service and caring that is a rarity in a town of any size these days. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

We have been going to this restaurant for years on our trips back and forth from Vegas to Denver we make it a point to stop either for breakfast or lunch. We have never had a bad meal nor service it can get crowded but the service is fast so you don't have to wait long. We recommend the restaurant to our friends and family and have never heard a bad comment.
This is a family owned restaurant that shows pride in what they do best.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

This place will always suffer due to it's horrible location in a poorly placed strip center off North Avenue. It would likely do much, much better and would be one of the more popular breakfast joints in town if the location wasn't so bad.

Basically a bland truck stop cafe type place, serving Denny's type food. The breakfast is good. Give it a shot if you can find it, lol.