“unimpressed”
Review of El Tapatio

El Tapatio
Ranked #45 of 282 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We love hole in the wall Mexican spots but this one doesn't feel too clean and the food is honestly below average. My husband got sick afterwards and we have never been back.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Very good food, friendly, clean. Excellent salsa. Menu changes sometimes, but the carne asada tacos haven't, the best in town. I often eat eggs and chorizo at the Fruita location after a ride on 18 Rd or Kokopelli trails. Cool, endless drinks, and good protein after the ride.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were traveling through the city on a long road trip and stopped here for our evening meal. It was a bit of a drive off the freeway we were on.

The inside was comfortable and attractive. Their prices were higher than I expected and I had noticed on the way to our table that the portion sizes were very large. We were served tortillas and salsa when we sat down. The salsa was spicier than some restaurants. My friend and I split a grilled veggie burrito. The vegetables were a little oily but it was very tasty. It came with very nice fried rice and a dish of pinto beans. My friend ordered one taco as a side and we split the burrito. As a result the portion worked out for us.

It was a good experience in general but I would look for another place if there was a next time. It was too far off the freeway, too expensive and portions too large.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We saw the reviews and it sounded like this would be a good place to try, we were wrong. The food is expensive and the taste is not that great. The service was not good, we had to wait 10 to 15 minutes to get a refill on the chips and we ordered the queso as an appetizer but it cam with our dinner. We ran out of drinks and I had to go find the waitress to get them refilled.
All of this is IMHO but please thing twice before eating here.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Large menu with lots of choices. Inside or outside dining. Good food and reasonable prices with good service. What more could you ask for?