“Good...ish?”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 June 2014

To begin with, the restaurant is small and cozy, beautiful decorations, and it's nice and cool (excellent for some relief from the summer sun). I tried their paradise tea - it tastes medicinal like powdered medicine or when a pill has been in your mouth too long. My friend guessed that they made it with flower petals, which is probably beautiful but tastes disgusting. The "chips and salsa" were a surprising treat that I enjoyed. (My friend wanted me to add that they asked if we wanted spicy mustard but assumed that we would want sweet and sour sauce). My friend and I both got the vegetarian spring rolls and cream cheese wontons. The wontons were plain but good and the rolls were delicious. Then we got our entrees...and this is where it really went downhill. I got the pan fried noodles, they were burnt to a black crisp in several places and there was almost no sauce. For those who haven't eaten this, the sauce is supposed to soften up the noodles, but there was barely enough there for flavor and most of my noodles stayed hard. I've had this dish many times in many different places, first time I've been disappointed. My friend got some kind of spicy beef dish, I can say it but can't spell it - she said it wasn't spicy and was oddly sweet and overall there was just something "off" about the flavor. So there were high points, and I wouldn't mind going there again, but there were also quite a few low points and it maybe wouldn't be my top choice.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I followed the advice of TripAdvisor to find this fabulous Chinese/Fusion restaurant while lunching with my mom. Comfortable booths and plenty of tables; the service was quick and we had our iced tea in no time. The tea tasted like it had rosewater in it and was exceptional. We both had the hot and sour soup which was above average from most fusion restaurants. I have the Crispy Sesame Chicken and Mom had Garlic Chicken. They were both amazingly delicious. The food was served hot and fresh and we loved everything we ordered.

Lunch menu was $8.50 for most dishes that included a spring roll and soup or salad. Exceptional prices for the high quality of food and service. I highly recommend Ec's for any traveler.

1  Thank kdragnfli
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Nothing comes from a can or is frozen. Ev, the owner makes the most flavorful and attractive plates. Attention to spices and understanding sauces makes every dish unique. Don't expect to rush in and out because he cooks to order. He'll substitute bok choy for broccoli or other vegetables to suit your taste. The servers, Susi and Susan are attentive and personable. Not a fancy place, its in a strip mall but clean.

1  Thank XCaliforniaGirl
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This is the best Chinese food in town! Always friendly service and great food with decent prices. I would highly recommend trying the pot stickers (steamed) as they are my wife's favorite.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Once again the trip advisor was right on the money. There are a lot of Chinese restaurants here, so it is a bit hard to choose. I don't like buffets because I don't like Chinese food that has been sitting around, even for a little while. So, I took a peek to see where we should go, and eC's popped up with a lot of great reviews. And were they right. My wife had lemon chicken which was fantastic. I had Kung Pao Three Delights, and it was excellent. I don't care for bell peppers, and mentioned that to our waitress, and she said that they would be happy to leave them out. Everything is made fresh and to order, and they DO NOT use msg. I got exactly what I was hoping for. They also deliver free within three miles, and only charge two dollars if it is much farther away. But, I always prefer to dine in; no clean up afterwards. Try eC's, and you will keep on going back. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the sauces were not sugary like in some other Chinese restaurants. It was just right, retaining the flavor that it is supposed to have.