“Disappointed”
Review of McAlister's Deli

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #42 of 282 Restaurants in Grand Junction
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We went to have dinner with friends and the soda fountain was broken, the server did not know what dressing our friend wanted so she had to go with him to show him. Then her husband's credit card almost didn't go through, due to their machine. Dinner did not taste too good. My sandwich which was a french dip was tough. Husband's was bland. Really disappointed because we habe gone to this restaurant lots of times and this is first time it was really bad. Hope they fix their problems. Won't go there til they do.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited my stepson in Grand Junction 2 weeks ago and took him out for lunch on Mother's Day. The Pecanberry Salad looked wonderful, but when I got my meal it was obvious that the "chicken" had been chopped, formed, and pressed into fake strips. That's disgusting! If I want to eat fake chicken I'll grab McNuggets at the Golden Arches. The chicken tortilla soup tasted good, but also had the same fake meat, and had been thickened using cornstarch. Very cheap. The kids with us also said that the employees aren't allowed to accept tips, and the management apparently pockets any money left for the servers, under the guise of sharing it out equally. Our son had worked there briefly last summer and saw this "tip policy" in action.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have to admit they have it dialed in for a fast casual sandwich shop. Good food + service with OK atmosphere, but really not a lot better than any well run Subway. Have been several times mostly as a convenience to meet someone. Avoid straight up noon as it is crazy busy with nowhere to park.

It's a little pricey too for what you get. Try it you'll like it probably, just doesn't hit my Very Good meter.

1  Thank VincePCTD
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Great food, no matter what you choose and best sweet tea in the area. Staff is great too. Great place for lunch!

1  Thank lovemylambo
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Consistently good lunches and awesome sweet tea. Staff is very attentive and fast and the location is very central.