“Professional associates, great for business travel”

Residence Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Denver, Colorado
“Professional associates, great for business travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Front Desk Associate, Cama, was more than helpful. Polite, professional, exceptional employee. She changed my room quickly when I discovered that the first room's toilet did not work. Housekeeping should have placed a maintenace ticket on this so that Cama did not have to address the problem. Breakfast included eggs, fresh fruit, ham, juices, etc. Replacement room was very clean. Overall, great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 13 September 2011
I really appreciate your feedback on the associates. We try very hard to make this hotel a home away from home for all of our guests and it is great to hear feedback like this. I will make sure that it gets passed on to the team.

Again I really appreciate your feedback on the staff and your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed everyone!

We look forward to hosting you again when you return to the area.

Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We heard that this was the newest hotel in town so we decided to give it a try. We booked a studio suite that included a kitchenette which was fine but rather small quarters when you are traveling with 2 children. However we were able to shut the door to our bedroom and put them on the sleeper sofa.

Two days before our arrival I received an email asking if there was anything they could do for our arrival. I wrote back that I would really appreciate having the sofa bed made up. At the time I made the reservation I had also requested extra towels.

Upon our arrival we were disappointed to find only 3 towels in the bathroom, no sheets on the sleeper sofa. I called down to the front desk and while the clerk tried to be helpful, she was the only one on duty and trying to check in guests and answer the phone. She told me she would bring towels but the sheets were in the closet and she was unable to come and make the bed. She suggested I use the extra pillows on our bed for the sleeper. Eventually we did get additional pillows. When I asked why they would send an email asking what they could do to make our stay better if they weren't going to do anything about it - the reply was, she thought it was just an automatic email. I can't imagine that Marriott thinks they are providing guests a service with no followup.

We then went to the pool --- no towels except a large pile of soiled towels. Another trip to the desk. The clerk does not deserve the blame for any of this. Why a manager would leave one person on duty on a Saturday afternoon when the hotel was fairly busy is inconceivable to me, particularly since I work in the hospitality industry.

Everything else a the hotel was satisfactory. The breakfast was typical but no complaints. I have stayed at many Marriott properties. This one definitely needs more oversight.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Grand Junction!

I apologize for the sofa sleeper and the extra towels not being taken care of prior to your arrival. I will make sure that I discuss these items with the staff.

As you said follow-up is very important and we try to make sure we have prompt and timely follow-up with all guest requests. We take great pride in making sure every guest has a great experience with us. We hope that if you are in our area in the future that you will stay with us again so we can have another opportunity to host you properly.

Thank you for your review of our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Stayed one night en route from Lake Powell to Colorado. Staff was very friendly and the evening reception was a surprise. Both evening reception and morning breakfast were better than expected. Nice, clean pool for the kids, plus pool area has electrical outlets so I could catch up on some work on my computer while the kids swam. Room was clean and comfortable. Pull out sofa bed was rather uncomfortable, but isn't nearly every pullout sofa bed?

All in all a very nice hotel and one we would stay at again if back in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words about our hotel! We enjoyed hosting you and your family and hope to see you again soon. I will make sure that I pass on your feedback to the staff. Have a great day!
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed one night while passing through. I saw the other reviews and thought I would give this place a try, we made advanced reservations. On arrival, the desk clerk was very nice and allowed us to see a room before checking in. The room seemed ok, so we went ahead and stayed, largely in part because of the free breakfast in the morning.

With four of us, two are going to be sleeping in a sofa fold-out bed. My wife and I chose this instead of the bed.....bar none, the worst fold out I've ever experienced. There weren't even sheets on it when we pulled it out....something else I've never experienced.

As for the breakfast....it was all right. The staff was very nice however when you have 20+ people all milling around a very small breakfast area it gets crowded. There is only one waffle machine....we never did get one but then again, we did come down at 0830 hours....prime time for breakfast.

Almost forgot....we made two local calls from the room to order a pizza at night. I should have checked first because each call was $0.75. Seems like an archaic charge for a hotel of this name getting over $110 per night.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 6 April 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us back in December. We are constantly looking for ways that we can improve as we like to provide our guests with the best guest experience possible.

We keep the linens for the sofa-sleepers in the closet in a plastic zip-up bag to keep them clean and fresh for your arrival should you stay with us again in the future. We will be sure to check the sofa mattress to see if a replacement is needed.

I am so glad that you had a great experience with our staff! I will make sure that I pass this information on to them as they love feedback from guests.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!
Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

Quiet room, great service and breakfast. Liked the fitness room.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2010

My family and I took an extended driving vacation in Colorado and Utah recently. This was the most expensive hotel we used and we were disappointed with our choice. The A/C was incredibly noisy and cycled on and off all night making it impossible to sleep. One of the smoke detectors in the room had a very bright flashing light (almost like a strobe light) that operated all night. Unlike other hotels we used, this hotel did not offer a "to go" breakfast for guests needing to leave before the breakfast buffet which was included in the room price opened.

Wish we had taken ear plugs and eye masks with us and packed our own breakfast, but who would have thought we would need those things at a Marriott?

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank stromboliforyou
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed in Grand Junction on night two of an eleven night trip, so I am comparing this hotel to the other hotels we stayed at. Like what you would expect from a Marriott, the hotel was wonderful. The check-in was friendly and easy, and we arrived in time for a manager’s reception of wine and cheese (my Dad enjoyed cookies and coffee). The room was big, modern and clean. I slept on the sofa sleeper which was surprisingly comfortable. There are lots of things to do and see in the area. I had two problems with the room. First, like the Marriott in San Destin FL, the hotel somehow managed to find big ugly TV’s that are older than the hotel. Second, they linen that I had for the sleeper sofa was badly stained (the pillow was sooooo gross). I’m guessing that a guest used it and repackaged it and the maid didn’t notice. I brought it to the clerks attention and she was confused…she thought I stained the pillow. Breakfast was really good, and with a quiet, comfortable night sleep, we were ready for a big day of traveling.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family