“Stayed here twice on our road trip”

Residence Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Packer Country, Wisconsin
“Stayed here twice on our road trip”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This hotel is at the airport exit on I-70. We were on a 2 week road trip out to LA and back to the midwest. We have stayed in Residence Inn's in Florida so we thought we would try this one. We were not disappointed. We got there just in time for Managers Night for free beer/wine/soda and nachos. The young man serving the beverages at the Managers NIght was on top of things making sure everyone had what they wanted.
Our room was very nice and clean. The breakfast in the morning was also very nice. The staff was very very friendly.
This hotel isn't far from the Colorado National Monument. I believe it's about 1 1/2 hrs from Canyonland and Arches Nat Park's and Dead Horse Point State Park. We had no slow up going thru the Rockies to get to the Nat Parks.
We stayed at this hotel on our way back home also. We had a handicap room which was just fine. The 3rd and 4th floor rooms were having carpet/furinture/drapes etc. cleaned.
I like that we can easily eat in our room. We get in kind of late to go out for a big meal so it's nice to be able to prepare something. A package of microwave popcorn is also provided.
There are some restaurants in the area you can walk/drive too also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ju-Ju
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback on our hotel and staff!!

We enjoyed hosting you all and we are excited to hopefully host you again in the future should you return to the Grand Junction area. I will make sure that I share your feedback with the staff as they love hearing from guests on what we did well and what we can improve.

We take great pride in offering every guest the best stay that we can and we are so happy you had that experience with us.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Farmingdale, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights and used this wonderful hotel as a base to explore western Colorado and eastern Utah. The room was spacious and well-appointed and the full kitchen was appreciated. The daily breakfast buffet was nice and the evening "manager's meals" on selected days were a treat.

The facilities and room were spotlessly kept and the staff were a joy. Everybody went out of their way to help us with restaurant choices, destinations, etc.

The price was quite competitive and we will certainly stay here again if we are lucky enough to be in the area. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us in May 2011! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and got to explore the area surrounding us. It truly is a beautiful area and has so much to offer visitors. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments about breakfast, social hour, and hotel cleanliness to our staff they will be very excited to hear it. We hope to see you again soon!! Have a wonderful day!!
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed here over the Thanksgiving weekend in a studio.
The check in was very good! I didn't like the first room they put me in! I went right back down to the desk as asked for a change and told them what I wanted. They changed it right away! Anytime I talked to the girls at the desk they were helpful and pleasant. The room was nice, everything was clean, and everything worked. The studio was a little bit smaller than the newer Residence Inn's, but still roomy.
The pool, spa area was nice and the water was just the right temp. Plus they had a nice workout room and a billiard table. The Wi-Fi like most places worked fairly good, but they need to upgrade to faster better routers! It was at times a on the slow side.

Housekeeping was a little lax on restocking! When someone is staying multiple nights and when soaps, lotion, shampoo, paper or bath towels get used up they should restock it!
It was a busy weekend and I think they could have used one more person on each shift, especially the morning shift. There were things that were not getting done because they seemed to be one person short to get the little things done. So when a guest pointed out a need it wasn't addressed or the staff would try to accommodate and let something else go! That effects everyone's stay including mine.

I went down to the breakfast area every morning and they really fell down HARD here! The breakfast area is way to small for the number of people they are trying to serve. Everything looked horrible! The quality was suspect and unappealing. I tried to grab few bananas one morning and that was only thing I attempted to eat! Every banana in the bunch had a big split down the inside and shouldn't have been out in the first place. So I only got coffee - when they had it, they seemed to be out half the time and it was almost always the half when I was there. I was very glad I could cook my own breakfast in my room. If the hotel breakfast is important to you, don't count on these guys. Really disappointing for a Residence Inn or anywhere else!

I gave it an "Average" over all because of the under-staffing and the horrendous breakfast room situation. Other than that it works as designed and the girls at the desk were great and in that area were "Very Good!
I am not sure I would stay here again so I would give it a maybe!
I would maybe recommend it to friends and family with a caveat emptor.
It might be a good place to stay if you were traveling with kids. (?)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LightingBolts
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Thank you so much for staying with us over Thanksgiving and thank you for your feedback! We have already addressed the concerns with breakfast as I know things weren't replenished quickly enough over the four day Thanksgiving weekend. We had numerous families in-house which made us busier than normal, although that isn't an excuse things should have been replenished and kept in order. I appreciate your feedback on breakfast and will post it for the team. In regards to housekeeping I will use your comments as a training refresh and I apologize that they didn't re-stock everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for your kind remarks about the staff!! They do a great job and I love it when we get great feedback on them I will make sure it is shared as well. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in our area. Have a great day!
Colorado
Reviewed 27 November 2011

For numerous reasons. The staff here has always been very friendly and helpful. This was my 4th stay at the hotel and the rooms are still clean and comfortable (windows could use washing), the staff is great, the amenities cannot be beat and are included in the cost instead of extra charges for everything. My one negative this past stay was the breakfast buffet and lack of replenishing or upkeep on a very busy holiday weekend. There was none. It would be helpful to train front desk staff to at least be able to put out extra coffee cups or plates. One guy bringing out a small container of eggs every half hour does not cut it. The quality and upkeep and replacement of food items as they were used needed more attention.
Of course I will stay here again and I highly recommend this hotel to everyone but to stay on top of things and ahead of the competition you must be able to shine "constantly", during the busiest times.

Room Tip: This building sits back from the street and noise was not an issue. They allow dogs and barking can...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
I hope you had a wonderful time in Grand Junction, thank you so much for staying with us again! We appreciate your feedback very much. I will make sure we address the replenishment of breakfast on busy weekends such as Thanksgiving when there are numerous families in-house. The front desk staff is trained to help replenish items unless they are otherwise occupied with guests so we will discuss that as well. Thank you for your insight. We look forward to seeing you again soon when you return to our area! Have a great day!
Danville, California
Reviewed 21 November 2011

When you are on the road with your family you need to treat your family to a safe place feel, that is comfortable, and you are Able to do business. this is the best hotel. I've stayed here during the Week (2z
Xs) They near everything, fuel, and the freeway. I was on personal business and felt very safe and they provided everything I needed. Great place.

• Stayed June 2011
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
I am so glad to hear you had a great stay with us! We love to hear guest feedback about our hotel and staff so thank you so much for sharing. It was truly a pleasure to be your host while you were in Grand Junction. We hope to see you all again soon!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This hotel is a little dated, but not badly so. The staff was really excellent (very helpful, very responsive, willing to go the extra mile, etc.). The one major negative was the TV selection. First, the TVs are flat panel, but the signal is obviously standard definition (so it looks terrible). The channel selection was also far more limited than normal for an RI (and I had stayed at two other ones in two different cities the two previous nights).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback on our hotel! We are always looking for ways we can improve our service and amenities. We are due for an HD upgrade in the beginning of 2012 so that should help with the quality of the picture on our new flat screen TV's. I love hearing feedback on our staff and I couldn't agree more that our staff is excellent! I will make sure to pass your feedback on to the team as I know they will greatly appreciate it. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The two TVs worked well for us with the kids being able to watch the channel they like. We liked the U-layout and the ability to go in/out the hotel quickly using either of the two entrances, making hauling several pieces of luggage easier. Breakfast assortment was good with waffles, potatoes and sausage skillet, eggs etc.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rapus
Thank you so much for your feedback about our hotel! We really appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. We loved hosting you and your family and hope to see you all again soon! Have a wonderful day!