“New favorite for GJ”

Residence Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I wish I had found this hotel previously, it is much better than the others I've stayed at. The room was comfortable and quiet, the staff were very nice, and I couldn't ask for a better place to stay. The breakfasts were great, and the couple of dinners they had were good too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CO_Travelers_44
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Awesome!

We love that we are your favorite!

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review about our hotel. So glad you enjoyed so many things about us.

We sure hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn for 1 night on our way from Denver to Moab and loved it. They were happy to have our dog as a guest. The breakfast was really good and everything was spotless. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The room was large and accommodated the four of us (plus dog) easily. The small kitchen was well-stocked with dishes and glasses and had a full refrigerator. I will definitely stay here again when in the GJ area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - they are more spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ilene80111
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you so much for making us your stopping point between Denver and Moab! I appreciate your feedback very much. Thank you for the kind comments about the staff and hotel, I will pass it on to my team. We enjoyed hosting you and hopefully we will get to see you (and your dog) soon!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We are repeat visitors to this hotel which means we really do like it. The staff is very friendly - the morning front desk person even participated very graciously in the treasure hunt I was doing around the property for my kids. My family stays at this kind of lodging for the flexibilty and cost-saving of being able to provide our own meals in room. So, I was struck this time by the lack of equipment in the kitchen. There wasn't even a pot appropriate to boil a boxed macaroni and cheese. I ended up using a fry pan with a lid and barely made do. If all you want from a kitchenette is a microwave and refrigerator then you will be fine, but do consider what you want to actually "cook." There is no oven, just a stovetop with very inadequate stovetop equipment. The other facility opportunity this place has is the elevator. Elevator, singular. There is just one for the whole property. With 4 floors, you can find yourself waiting a long time for the one elevator to arrive. It is just 4 floors though, so stairs aren't horrible for the few flights you might have to traverse. Other than these two facility things, this hotel is just fine. We always stop on our way to or from Moab or Lake Powell so don't need much for what is usually a one-night stay for us.

Room Tip: It is relatively quiet in our experience. If you are inpatient and don't want to wait for an el...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your honest review, we fell a bit short on making your stay great and I apologize for that. We check up on the items in the kitchens often to replace anything that has gone missing but I want to make sure we get the room you stayed in stocked so if you wouldn't mind calling or emailing us to let us know which room you stayed in that would be much appreciated.

We do have 4 studio suites and 8 two bedroom suites that have full ovens so next time you come through let us know and we can try to get you in one of those units. We also have an oven in our lobby kitchen that we would be happy to let you use as well.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Have a great day!

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the residence in in our way from Denver to California. The weather was bad, and the staff was friendly and fast to get us checked in and into our room. The pool and hot tub were clean, but the chlorine was overwhelming in the eyes. The free breakfast in the morning was very good. This place was a great value and worth staying at again.

• Stayed: March 2013
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

I hope your trip to California went well! Thank you for stopping in Grand Junction on your way, we were happy to host you!

I appreciate the kind comments about the staff and breakfast, I will be sure to pass it on to my team. Customer service is such a high priority for us and it is great to know you enjoyed us.

I apologize about the chlorine levels, our maintenance staff checks the levels daily but I will definitely let them know about this and keep an eye on it.

We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

The pros of this hotel are cleanliness, decent breakfast, nice employees and fairly comfortable queen bed.
The cons are that the hot tub was so full of chlorine it burned our eyes. It was obviously not chemically correct. The pool is very small. There were 4 children in the pool when we got there which was max occupancy. The hotel does not allow for roll away beds so my two teenagers had to share a full size pullout bed with the springs sticking out. Somewhat disappointing experience.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you so much for the honest review and for staying with us!

I am so sorry about the hot tub, I got one other comment from right around this day so there clearly was an issue here. Maintenance has checked it daily since your stay and everything has been good since but I apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have a moment contact me at the hotel to let me know which room you were in so I can double check the sofa sleeper mattress to see if we need a new one.

Aside from these issues it sounds like you found the staff friendly and clean which is wonderful! Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review we appreciate it.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Very nice, relatively new hotel, with comfortable rooms. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast not quite as lavish as those typically found at Residence Inn but still very good. Nice pool and billiards area. Gym could be larger. Well located near the interstate, with plenty of restaurants and shopping a short drive a way. Closer to Powderhorn ski area than most hotels in Grand Junction, but still a 40+ minute drive.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

We hope you enjoyed your time in Grand Junction, thank you for staying with us!!

I really appreciate your comments about the staff and hotel! We try very hard to offer the best service we can and to maintain the hotel to keep things looking great. I will share your comments with our staff and especially our maintenance department, they will love that you thought the facilities were nicely kept.

If you stay with us in the future we have two complimentary passes to a full service fitness facility less than a mile from the hotel that are available for guests to use.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Had an extremely pleasant stay here last July with family/group. Rooms were spacious and had comfortable beds. A bit out of the way but they had an excellent complimentary breakfast every morning. They also have an indoor pool. Service and hospitality was great and the hotel is very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our hotel!

We truly appreciate your business and love that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also thank you so much for going out of your way to stay at our hotel, that is one of the best compliments we could ask for! The staff was thrilled to hear your feedback. We work very hard to keep the hotel clean and well maintained and appreciate your comments about both of those areas.

We hope to host you during your next adventure to Grand Junction!

Have a wonderful day!