“Not what we expected”

Residence Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed one night while passing through. I saw the other reviews and thought I would give this place a try, we made advanced reservations. On arrival, the desk clerk was very nice and allowed us to see a room before checking in. The room seemed ok, so we went ahead and stayed, largely in part because of the free breakfast in the morning.

With four of us, two are going to be sleeping in a sofa fold-out bed. My wife and I chose this instead of the bed.....bar none, the worst fold out I've ever experienced. There weren't even sheets on it when we pulled it out....something else I've never experienced.

As for the breakfast....it was all right. The staff was very nice however when you have 20+ people all milling around a very small breakfast area it gets crowded. There is only one waffle machine....we never did get one but then again, we did come down at 0830 hours....prime time for breakfast.

Almost forgot....we made two local calls from the room to order a pizza at night. I should have checked first because each call was $0.75. Seems like an archaic charge for a hotel of this name getting over $110 per night.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
sharahrussell, General Manager at Residence Inn Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay with us back in December. We are constantly looking for ways that we can improve as we like to provide our guests with the best guest experience possible.

We keep the linens for the sofa-sleepers in the closet in a plastic zip-up bag to keep them clean and fresh for your arrival should you stay with us again in the future. We will be sure to check the sofa mattress to see if a replacement is needed.

I am so glad that you had a great experience with our staff! I will make sure that I pass this information on to them as they love feedback from guests.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 8 October 2010

Quiet room, great service and breakfast. Liked the fitness room.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2010

My family and I took an extended driving vacation in Colorado and Utah recently. This was the most expensive hotel we used and we were disappointed with our choice. The A/C was incredibly noisy and cycled on and off all night making it impossible to sleep. One of the smoke detectors in the room had a very bright flashing light (almost like a strobe light) that operated all night. Unlike other hotels we used, this hotel did not offer a "to go" breakfast for guests needing to leave before the breakfast buffet which was included in the room price opened.

Wish we had taken ear plugs and eye masks with us and packed our own breakfast, but who would have thought we would need those things at a Marriott?

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank stromboliforyou
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed in Grand Junction on night two of an eleven night trip, so I am comparing this hotel to the other hotels we stayed at. Like what you would expect from a Marriott, the hotel was wonderful. The check-in was friendly and easy, and we arrived in time for a manager’s reception of wine and cheese (my Dad enjoyed cookies and coffee). The room was big, modern and clean. I slept on the sofa sleeper which was surprisingly comfortable. There are lots of things to do and see in the area. I had two problems with the room. First, like the Marriott in San Destin FL, the hotel somehow managed to find big ugly TV’s that are older than the hotel. Second, they linen that I had for the sleeper sofa was badly stained (the pillow was sooooo gross). I’m guessing that a guest used it and repackaged it and the maid didn’t notice. I brought it to the clerks attention and she was confused…she thought I stained the pillow. Breakfast was really good, and with a quiet, comfortable night sleep, we were ready for a big day of traveling.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2010

This place was amazing. It was so clean and nice, and at night it was so quiet I loved it! I would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was excellent (hot food): eggs, potatoes, meats, breads, pastries, juices, and more! I can't say enough. Great staff too.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2010

On our way through town and fell in love with this place. The staff was all so accommodating. Breakfast was not the normal boxes of cereal and white bread. There was oatmeal, various types of fresh fruit, eggs, potatoes, etc. The place was quite modern and up to date. Granite in the shower. Would highly recommend this - beds were so comfortable! Top notch.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I was so impressed with the many little things this hotel does to make the traveler feel welcomed! From microwave popcorn in the room, to social hour (lasting three hours!) Monday - Wednesday. I have never encountered a friendlier staff in all my travels. The gym is a bit small, but there's plenty of outdoor stuff to do in Grand Junction.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business