“Great”
Review of 626 on Rood

626 on Rood
Reserve with OpenTable
626 on Rood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seventh St.
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with 626 on Rood. Service was wonderful. Atmosphere was great food was delicious. I had the smoked duck salad half order and the soup of the moment. It was great. I did come in slightly after lunch so it may have been their slow time.
I will be coming back here again.

1  Thank WesintheRockies

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Frankly, neither my wife and I were impressed with our meal at 626. Service was so so, our server showed no personality at all, her runner should have been our server as she was quite personable. The food was nothing special the beet salad was topped with huge chunks of canned beets. Beets have a strong earthy flavor, should be shredded delicately and used sparingly. The sauce paired with the calamari was also not freshly prepared, obviously canned or from a jar. I had the poached lobster tail, very small, undercooked and bland. My wife's steak however was prepared well. Probably will not return.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is definitely one of the top 2 places to eat in Grand Jct. Extremely good food, made with locally grown (some in back of the restaurant) and raised ingredients, the chef comes up with some amazing pairings and recipes. They have an incredible wine selection, with pre paired flights, and great bottles. The sharing menu is an awesome way to make up a meal with friends, and try a whole bunch of items (Tapas style kind of). This is an elegant, semi formal atmosphere, and is worthy of the prices.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very good food for an average price. One of four or five really good places to eat in GJ. I have not had bad experiences with service at all, five or six times eating there in the past 10 years.

1  Thank dahlheim
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We travel quite a bit and are pretty open minded regarding food selection at restaurants... We nearly walked out of this restaurant because of the menu..... The waitress was wonderful and did her best to have something made in the kitchen that would be acceptable...... Modern American? no way...... definitely a nice wine bar and questionable menu items for a supposedly nice and upscale restaurant.

We would consider this a nice wine bar and not a place for dinner...

r&b