“Comfortable & convenient”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable & convenient”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We did a walk-in reservation to the Best Western and the hotel staff were extremely helpful in finding us the best rate. We had just visited Colorado National Monument and needed a hotel that was convenient to the highway so we could carry-on with our road trip around Colorado. This was a great night-stop! With a few restaurants nearby and the amenities in the hotel, we had everything we could have asked for on a one-night stop.
If you're looking to soak-up the atmosphere of Grand Junction and its wineries, this may not be the place for you. If you're looking for a convenient, comfortable stop that's close to I-70, then the Best Western will suit you very well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hillbilly_travels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was visiting Grand Junction for the holidays and for once was unable to stay with family. I chose the Sandman because of other ratings on Trip Advisor, and I was very happy with what I found. The rate was quite reasonable, and my room was attractive, in good condition, very clean, and well-maintained. I actually didn't need someone to come in every day, but if I forgot to put out a notice on the door, the room was cleaned promptly in the morning. The wireless was easy to use, and very fast (used it mainly for browsing, email and updating my Kindle). The location is within walking distance of several restaurants, and it's easy to find your way downtown and to the airport as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Sean T
carefree,az.
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Let me start by saying that the room itself was just fine. Clean, comfortable,convenient location,quiet,etc,etc. However,when traveling in Colorado during the Winter,one needs local TV stations. Knowing weather and highway conditions can become a serious matter. To that end L.A. based network television is of no practical use and is frankly stupid. Also,I'm sure that the idea to install ceramic tile on the walkway along the room doors seemed great at the time. However,an inappropriate choice was made when selecting the actual tile product and yes, by using tile in the first place.This stuff is slippery as heck when wet and positively dangerous when ice cold. Maybe a relatively inexpensive solution might be to place some non slip mats in front of each door. Baring that,a serious injury is bound to happen sooner or later...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Boulder1965
SARAH U, Manager at Days Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We so agree with you and the problem has been fixed. We do now have the local channels guests like yourself have been asking for. So come on back !
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you are traveling with your dog in Grand Junction stay here. The price is good and they have a large fenced in grass area with poop scoopers for the dogs. the pet rooms face this large grass area. It's a great set up for the dogs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Cheryll S
Conifer, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a nice pet friendly hotel, although with out a real "pet area". However, we were traveling back to Conifer, a storm was coming in, we wanted the local weather and traffic to plan our next day's travel. For some dumb (money I suspect) reason the hotel did not carry local TV channels, only the network affiliates out of Los Angles. As the title of my review states who the hell wants to watch Los Angles TV while in Colorado? Issue number 2 with having LA TV only in the room "The Voice" which the wife wanted to watch came in an hour later than normal. When traveling an hour later can be a big deal. The hotel would have received a better rating except for the TV channel issue. Had we known the hotel did not carry local channels we would have selected another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Grady H
Pueblo, CO
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Sandman has always been our home away from home, when we visit our daughter in Grand Junction. I always get a good nights sleep there, and I don't always sleep well when I'm away from home. The rooms are clean, pleasant, and not at all cramped. This may be just one of my little quirks, but I love the fact that the rooms have ceramic coffee mugs, and glass drinking glasses. I hate drinking my coffee out of styrofoam or cardboard! There are healthy choices for breakfast. We'll be staying there in the future, and would recommend it to anyone visiting Grand Junction.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank heyjude69
chilicothe, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

had a very nice stay whould stay agine love colraDO like the staff and residence and the appelbess crew very satisfied whould love to stay again please seend some cupounds now need to work so have a nice day

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business