Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Vista Hotel(Grand Junction)
View Hotel
Courtyard Grand Junction(Grand Junction)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Grand Junction(Grand Junction)
View Hotel
Ramada Grand Junction(Grand Junction)
Comfort Inn(Grand Junction)
View Hotel
Motel 6 Grand Junction(Grand Junction)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesroom was cleancontinental breakfastwould stay here againnothing fancymini fridgeclose to the airportvillage innking roomthe ground floorhorizon driveroad tripgood nights sleepper nightconvenient locationgreat pricestaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Older and very dated hotel (pink tile and tub!) But it was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Several quincenira's going on so the parking was extrememly limited.

I would suggest Enoys pizza for dinner close by - EXCELLENT FOOD AND SERVICE

Room Tip: No restaurant on grounds but Dennys is right next door - they advertise breakfast but its basic toast, cereal and it looked like they used REALLY watered down pkwered milk. We went next door to Dennys.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sharonwoelfle, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Days Inn is probably where you stayed. This hotel is not near Dennys. Thanks, Sharon

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We paid for two non-smoking rooms but the rooms had a definite cigarette smoke smell. The pool was dirty as well. There was also some kind of gnats flying around the rooms. Very disappointed in the accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review. I do apologize for your disappointment. It is frustrating when smokers light up in or in front of a nonsmoking room, but my staff should be able to remove any odors. I will follow up with them and let them know about your experience. I also know we had a terrible time with the pool at the end of June with the wind and cottonwood seeds everywhere. The gnats are just obnoxious this year and I hope we have finally seen the last of them. I can understand that all these issues combined would make for an unpleasant stay. Thank you for your feedback and best wishes for your future travels. Sharon

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I'm not sure what I expected, not a lot, but maybe a little better based on the reviews for this hotel but overall it was ok. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Not sure if we had neighbors but didn't hear anyone, the place seemed quiet even though they were at full capacity. The rooms are a little dated and they have old style TVs but for a budget hotel not too awfully bad. The air conditioners are NOISY-we ended up having to shut it off to sleep. The breakfast wasn't bad and quite a few options for a continental breakfast. I wouldn't stay here long term but overnight it was ok.

1  Thank Csbwright

Thanks for your review and comments. I do like to hear back from guests to get feedback on what I can improve. A large percentage of the TV's have been replaced so it is good to know I should finish that up. I will keep working on improvements and hope to see you again when you visit our area. Sharon

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

In a low budget motel I mainly look for cleanliness and functional equipment, which includes mattresses that don't sink in the middle and key cards that work. Bonus points go to places with friendly staff, soft sheets and pillows, and other thoughtful additions. This motel was a solid option for the highway traveler. Pros: Affordable, pet friendly (including an outdoor area with poop bags and trash cans), soft sturdy beds and comfortable sheets, pillows and towels, air conditioning that works. Cons: Low shower head and an insufficient shower curtain, styrofoam cups.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tundracotraveler

Thank you for your review. I have ordered some shower head extensions to get some of those low ones up a few inches! There are a few really low ones we will get taken care of. Maybe there was a short dude on the construction crew? Thanks for your input. Sharon

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's all the little extras that count. My husband and I had to unexpectedly spend the night in Grand Junction due to a flight delay. We passed by the numerous hotels/motels just outside of the airport, perusing the various options. The front of the sign for AMVI said "free HBO" and "hot waffles." and the opposite side said "Be pleasantly surprised." We flipped a U-turn and headed there--even though my husband has rewards at another chain hotel. Our gut instinct paid off. This place was not only cheaper than the other one would've been, it also lived up to its sign.

The guy who checked us in at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. (Plus, there was a bowl of help-yourself fun-size candy bars at the desk!) The room was very clean, comfortable, and relatively modern. There were TWO mini-fridges, a microwave, a large vanity area, air-conditioner, and (wait for it) two AWESOME lazy-boy armchairs in front of the TV. Cable TV plus HBO. The rooms weren't just superficially cleaned, they were well-kept and smelled nice.

Breakfast was equally good. As promised, there were hot make-em-yourself waffles (yes!), plus bagels, muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. Again, it's the little things I appreciated. They had all kinds of flavored creamers for the coffee (not just the generic stuff), different brands and flavors of yogurt, fresh fruit etc. Even 6-packs of mini powdered donuts or bananas you could stuff in your purse to take with you on the road. On top of that, they also had all kinds of road-trip snacks (chips, pretzels, etc) you could purchase for the road for, like, $1.50-- which is more convenient and cheaper than having to make an extra stop at a gas station. Nice touch.

The breakfast area was clean and tidy with a nice sitting area with flat-screen tv. The lady who checked us out was equally friendly and helpful.

All in all, I just got the impression that the folks who run this place actually put themselves in the travelers' shoes and thoughtfully added little things that would make traveling just a little bit easier and nicer. The differences between this place and the numerous other motels I've stayed in over the years is that this place really goes just a little bit above and beyond what they need to do… a few small things, which, added together, made for a noticeably pleasant experience. If ever stick in Grand Junction again, we would stay here.

1  Thank camorris79

Thanks so much for an awesome review. I appreciate it. Sharon