“Really nice breakfast”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Olympia, Washington
“Really nice breakfast”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The "free" breakfast here is a breakfast buffet that is complete and delicious. It might be worth staying here just for that. But the real reason is the nice rooms, the friendly staff, the very nice pool, and it's location near the freeway, but also with easy access to downtown Grand Junction.

I stayed here for 2 nights and would choose it again when I visit Grand Junction.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Iowa
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our family of eight just took a 3600 mile car trip, part of which was through the eastern Utah desert. When we arrived at the Quality Inn in Grand Junction, we were very tired and wouldn't have been able to put up with any trouble in our lodging arrangements. The Quality Inn in Grand Junction did not disappoint. This is an older remodeled hotel. The elevator gives a clue as to the age of the building, since the occupancy is six, but the hotel is very clean, welcoming, and comfortable. We had two 2 queen rooms across the hall from each other. Our older children stayed in one room, and we stayed in the other with our younger children.

After being away from a laundry room for a couple days, and having packed very lightly, we needed to do a couple loads of laundry. We had no problem taking care of this task.

This Choice Hotel has the best breakfast out of all of the hotels that we stayed at during our trip which included a Choice Suites, Best Western, Super 8, Days Inn, and Marriott. We have six boys and they were very happy about the free breakfast which is served buffet style in the the attached restaurant.

The only disappointment we had was that the pool was outdoors, and it was cold outside, so the kids could not swim, but we were really too tired and arrived too late for swimming anyway.

I don't think most hotel owners/managers realize how much their hotel reflects on their community. When we travel from Iowa to Utah, we always travel I-70 and stay in Grand Junction. This is because we view Grand Junction as a traveler and family friendly community.

We have always had a very positive experience staying in Grand Junction. From our perspective, this may be because the whole community is made up of good people and good business owners.

We have only stayed at Choice Hotels at Grand Junction, and all of the experiences we have had are positive ones. The excellent management brings us back to the community every time we take our Rocky Mountain road trips.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you very much for the nice review of my hotel as well as the city itself. Funny thing about the elevator. It will safely hold a lot more than 6 people. But a couple of years ago a college Lacrosse team crammed 18 big huge guys in it. It dropped below the floor level and would not let them out. Then they tried to force the door open and broke the safety latch. I had to call the fire deptartment to rescue them. I put the sign up a couple of days later. I laugh about it now. But it was not funny at the time. I noticed that you mentioned Choice Hotels. Are you a member of Choice Privileges? If not you are missing out on some great promotions. Go to choicehotels.com to check it out.
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Was not expecting much based on the price I paid while on a college visit. However, I was pleasantly suprised as to what I received. The rooms are ok but the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was really good & always stocked. I think what I loved the most was the staff, all of them were great and friendly and overall made the 3 days stay nice. The only negative thing I can say is I they do need a seperate entrance if the housekeepers are going to hang out & smoke w/ the opposite sex that does not work their because that plume of smoke getting to the hotel door is disgusting. I would recommend this location if your on a budget and if you have a family. It may pleasantly suprise you as well.

• Stayed October 2011
Thaks for the nice review. You probably received a specail rate for being referred by the college. I work closely with Colorado Mesa University. I will speak with housekeeping. They know that there is a designated smoking area. It is nowhere near the door. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I do have a couple of new maids. Thanks. Rick
Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is your typical Quality Inn, good value for money, great rooms, friendly staff, close to all shops and restaurants very professionally run, great onsite restaurant and the breakfast is one of the best that we have had on our 9 week trip to the U.S.A. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone considering staying in Grand Junction.

Room Tip: One of the best breakfast around, ask for top floor room.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the nice review. Please stop by and stay with us again when you are in town.
Hotchkiss, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 16 May 2012

OK, so it is not the Ritz. But if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay that is comfortable and nice, this is it. I stay at this hotel all the time on business, and the people who work here are completely trustworthy and nice. They have a free breakfast buffet on site too. I really appreciate this place. It is my home away from home.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
I have a several regular customers from Hotchkiss. I am not sure which one you are. But thanks for the nice review. Please stop by the desk and say "Hi" next time you come through. I would like to thank you in person. Thanks. Rick
Denver
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed for two nights and were really impressed with the friendly staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Would definitely stay there again. Bed was super comfortable. Free breakfast was quite good. For the price it was a great deal. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Thanks busybee. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please do visit us again. Stop by the desk and say "Hi" next time you come through.

Thanks
Rick
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Recently spent 2 weeks in Grand Junction, Co. on Business. From Ian during the day to Davina on the weekends the staff was incredible. The rooms were clean and spacious, flat screen TV'S, microwaves and fridges, free buffet style breakfast with lots of choices, decent exercise room. Restauraunt had a decent buffet for dinner, for a good price. Good location right off of I 70, plenty of other options for food and activities. Worked nights for the whole 2 week period, the cleaning ladies were great having my room done first thing every morning and making a concious effort to be quiet when around my room. Will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Thanks For the nice review Mavdog. I appreciate your business. The flat screens that you mention are still being installed. But we have got a bunch of them done. The ladies in housekeeping are happy to work around people's schedules. Any time you need something special just let them know.

Thanks