“Clean, comfortable, good value”

Quality Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Effingham
“Clean, comfortable, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was pleased with this motel and the price of $75 including taxes. It is conveniently located with attached restaurant; gas stations, Applebees, and Safeway are nearby. The room, hall, stairwell and elevator were clean. I had no trouble regulating the heat, the internet was reliable both night and morning, the work desk was nice, the bathroom was nice, and the bed comfortable. A trivial matter--I would have preferred a shower head that put out a little more pressure and little less water. The shower head adjustment did not work. The staff was friendly and helpful.

As others have said there is a restaurant attached which is accessed from the motel lobby. Free breakfast is provided with the room; this is nice but for me a continental breakfast with some low sugar cereal, yogurt, couple fruits, the common juices and hard boiled eggs is actually preferable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Billhgc
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for the nice review. Sorry to hear that about the showerhead. The maids try to check those things when they clean the room. I know they turn them on to see if they work. Perhaps they are not testing to see if the other settings are working. I will speak to the head housekeeper. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Please come and stay with us again.

Rick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Russellville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on our way further west. The hotel was clean and quiet. We ate dinner in the restaurant the night we arrived; while the buffet was limited, the food was good and priced reasonably. The breakfast the next morning was included in the price of the night's stay. It was hot and tasty.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank golfinmimi4
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thanks for the nice review. I am glad that you felt you got your money's worth. That is what we are all about. Thanks for having dinner too. I hope the rest of you trip went well too. Please come back and stay with us again.

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was on my way back home from canyoneering in Utah, arriving late at night, and hence my requirements for a hotel were pretty minimal (a good shower to remove the red sand being most important!). Usually hotels in this price category are pretty dismal, but not in this case. The 3rd floor room was quiet. I did not try out the heater/AC. The room had a fridge, microwave, a medium size flat screen TV, and WiFi. There was a laundromat down the hall, and vending and ice machines. The room was quite large for this category of hotel, although having the sink in the bedroom was a bit weird. Being 6'-4" I always appreciate it when the shower head is high enough so I don't have to stoop. The best thing was the price. When I checked in I was fully prepared to pay the asking price but asked "can you do better" anyway, and sure enough the rate went down, from 69 to 62. That included a free breakfast buffet, with china rather than the ubiquitous and dreadful styrofoam found in similar places. Breakfast choices were just adequate for this vegetarian, but not extensive (eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bread, no pastry or yogurt as others have mentioned). Coffee was pretty good, and I'm a fan of strong coffee. There was a very slight musty smell in the hallway and the pool was closed for the season. I wouldn't come here with my family unless price was the biggest factor, but for a quick stop on the long drive home it was great. If you want a better experience, go to the Courtyard at twice the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jadwin79
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you for the nice review. I do try to give people a little extra for their money. Also, thanks for pointing out that the Courtyard is twice the price. Please come back and stay with us again.

Challis, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I haven't stepped down to the Quality Inn in the Choice Brands before, and probably won't again. The only good things to say about this property is the bed was comfortable and it has easy interstate access (but then so do all the other surrounding hotels, 2 of which are Comfort Brands). The a/c-heater didn't work at all the first night and the second night I had to shut it off because of a burning smell. The sink area is immediately adjacent to a bed...not convenient at all. The tub was the typical "small" size that would be better off using the space for a large shower! The ceiling creaked from the upstairs noise. The breakfast had hot choices of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, biscuit and gravy which sounds good but.... The biscuits were hard and dried out, and the gravy was cold. The pastry choices could only be described as "poor" as there weren't any...just those pancakes and bread. The syrup for the pancakes was available in dispensers which were sitting in "cold" water which should have been heated. Only 2 choices of cold cereal and no yogurt. The coffee was very weak.

Room Tip: To avoid the upstairs noise you better stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KJA64
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
You are correct in the fact that there are 2 Comfort Inns in the area. We are rated higher than either of them. We are a Gold Award hotel. Neither Comfort Inn has achieved that honor in the 13 years I have been managing this Quality Inn. I expect that we will recieve it for the third time at the end of this year. The air conditioner/heaters are not very old. And they were just serviced last fall. It has been hot all summer. And this is the first time the heaters have been turned on. They do burn the dust off for a few seconds the first time they are started up. We normally have maintenance go through and turn them on. But I guess we must have missed the one in your room. I am sorry about that. Most people comment on how good the breakfast is. I don't know what happened to upset you enough to write two strongly negative reviews like this. But if you would like to talk about it I would be happy to. The satisfaction of my customers is very important to me. If someone on my staff was rude to you or something like that I would like to know about it. If you call the hotel and ask for "Rick" I would be happy to talk to you.
Manitou Springs, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night when we were in town for the Triathlon. The front desk staff were very nice, but they sent us up to our room before it was cleaned. The janitorial staff apologized and mentioned that this was not the first time it had happened. It was a minor inconvenience to sit on the bed and wait while she cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed the floor. Overall, we had a pleasant stay. I feel it is good value for the money and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Sorry Christy,

This was a really crazy weekend for us. I realize your were here for the triathalon. But there was also another bike race, a tennis tournament, and a marching band competition on the same weekend. We had a bunch of people asking to check out late. Other people were trying to check in early. We were doing the best we could to accomodate everyone. But I guess we goofed up a little. I am sorry for the confusion. I do hope that you will come back and stay again. It is not normally like that.

Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have visited this location often over that last three years, The Breakfast buffet is outstanding. The dinner buffet is also great with a reasonable price. Rooms are also comfortable, top floor is quieter.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Well thank you very much. A appreciate the nice comments. But even more than that I appreciate your continued business and loyalty. Please come back and stay with us again.

McLean, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

Clean room, nice shower, LCD TV, comfortable bed, friendly staff, great breakfast, plenty of parking, lots of ice to fill my coolers. They ran out of rooms at the HotelCoupons magazine rate, but were still reasonable. We checked rooms at 3 neighboring hotels that were about the same price, and the Quality Inn had the nicest rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dlitch1
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We simply try to give people their money's worth. Thank you for noticing. Please come back and see us again.