“Horrible internet and food to match.....”

Quality Inn Grand Junction
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Pueblo, Colorado
“Horrible internet and food to match.....”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Business trip to Grand Junction. Stayed here years ago and it was good...not anymore. Internet connection was worthless, had to use the cell most of the time. Dinner area has a buffet for 12 bucks.....it did not look good at all. We went down the street to Applebbes instead. Mattress was bad. It did seem clean. Not worth one hundred ten. I'm going to try the motel 6 next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 00Murph
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I am sorry that you had trouble with the internet. We use Charter Communications as our provider. We offer speeds of 30 mbps. We have a tech support line available 24 hours a day. If someone is having trouble it is very rare that they can not help.

Thank you for staying with us.

Quality Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a bit of an older style property, but clean overall. The decor needs updating. It has a large TV, a fridge & a microwave, which is handy. There was a slight odor in the hallway areas. There is a good sized breakfast area & the food was OK. The main plus was the friendly & helpful staff.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back, overlooking the golf course, as the rooms at the front are most expos...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Virginia O
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for the comment about the staff. They are very hard workers.

Every now and then someone will say our furniture is outdated. I am afraid I don't see it. The room furniture is 10 years old. I do admit that. But it is still in great shape. It is not out of style. They still sell it through all the hotel vendors. We redid all the common areas with new carpet and wall vinyl just 3 years ago. Perhaps it is the popcorn ceilings? We do have popcorn ceilings in the hotel rooms and the restaurant. I guess that would date us.

I know that some of the new hotels are being build with a new "Modern" look. But some of that stuff looks just plain weird to me.

I do appreciate your business, and hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Kuna, Idaho
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Good prices. Takes pets, but no real pet area, there are "pick up" bags by the creek in back of the motel, but just weeds for dogs to walk on. Right next to golf course, we enjoyed the greenery, but the dogs couldn't. Nice pool. Has a buffet available. Buffet was just OK, not a lot of choices, the marinara sauce was watery, I'd try a local restaurant instead. All in all was a nice place for a night or two. Rooms were clean, had fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, etc. And there is another good reason to stay at this motel. Her name is Cill, she works the front desk and the buffet. Cill was pleasant, helpful and gregarious. She's the first and only person I've given a "TripAdvisor Excellent Service" pin to.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Al T
Thank you very much for the positive review. Cill has been wearing her pin proudly. She showed it to all of her co-workers. I little recognition really goes a long way. You made her day.
Thank you very much.

Please come back and stay with us again. And bring more pins! Ha Ha.

Thanks

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

My mother in law was injured in an accident and the hotel had a very very fair medical rate. Rooms were clean, staff was very very kind, location was good [near airport and hospital], and a decent included hot breakfast went a long way at the hospital. I have stayed at Quality before and this is above the normal standard. They were an island of calm in a storm for all our family. Thanks Quality staff at Grand Junction.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Justin T
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hey Justin, thanks for the nice write up. It was our pleasure to help. We work with a lot of families that are here because of the hospital. I hope your Mother In Law is doing well. If you ever need us again we will be here for you and yours. Just give us a call.

Thanks again.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is a standard highway traveler's hotel. But for the price you get a very large room and a full breakfast is included. The staff were all friendly and responsive. But the best part is the full breakfast buffet included in the price. It included a hot buffet.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bryan B
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you Bryan.

I appreciate the nice review. I like the buffet too. I am trying to give people a little more for their money. Thanks for noticing.

Please come back and stay with us again.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We decided to stay in Grand Junction while traveling home after visiting 4 National Parks in Utah. We needed a rest stop to just relax and sit around the pool. We were not disappointed. We arrived before check-in time and were provided with a room so we could get to the pool and relax. The rooms are very clean and the pool area clean and the water warm. The hot breakfast was great with eggs, hash browns, sausages, pancakes, and waffles. We asked if we could have a late checkout the next day, as everyone wanted to again sit around the pool in the morning before heading back to Colorado Springs. No problem from the staff. We highly recommend this hotel while staying in Grand Junction.
HINT--They could add a few more chaise lounge chairs in the pool area for us old folks who like to really relax.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the 3rd floor and was like new.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fjpaulick
Well thank you for such a nice write up. I am glad that you had a good time. I like the breakfast too. A little too much I am afraid. I need to spend more time in the fitness center and less time in the buffet. Ha Ha. I agree with you about the pool furniture. I have been meaning to pick up some more stuff. But it has been just crazy busy here. You have inspired me. I will go shopping. I saw that Lowes had some really nice stuff when I was there the other day.

Please come back and stay with us again soon.

And of course, have a great summer!

Woodbury, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I was impressed with how clean everything was in this place, you can tell that the staff works hard. Everyone was friendly. The housekeepers say hello when you pass them in the hallway which is nice. The breakfast was good but not great, probably would've been better had we gotten there earlier though. Free coffee in the lobby was also a nice touch. The decor was a bit tacky but have seen much worse. Would stay here again if I were in the area. Good place for a few nights.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank bri111284
Rick M, General Manager at Quality Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks for the positive review. I know that some of the furniture is a little bit dated. But since it is still in good shape I hate to replace it and then be forced to raise the rates. I will pass on your compliment to the rest of the staff. They are in deed hard working people. And a nice compliment like yours goes a long way to making someone feel appreciated.

Please come back and stay with us again.

And have a great summer!

Thanks