“I love their warm apple cider”

DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I really like this place. Its nice and Cool gift shop too bad they are closing it.

• Stayed: March 2012
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

We do change our lobby refreshments based upon seasons and it it is well received by our guests. Yes, we are remodeling our lobby level and we are excited about our new look and the new location of our gift shop

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel the weekend of March 9th. Upon checking in, we were given the sinful chocolate cookies! Yum! Check-in was painless and our requests were honored for a room away from the elevators. The rooms were very clean except for the one chair in the room hadn't been dusted for a VERY long time. I sat down and then once I got up, my backside was covered in dust bunnies.... The citrus soaps had a nice invigorating smell. The internet was free because of our Hilton Honors account. Bonus! We were very happy with the breakfast buffet. The selection each day was very good and the kids loved the warm pastries. I liked the green chili that was available both days of our stay. Although, my favorite was the cooked salmon (no not smoked darn), with capers and onions. Our server for breakfast was true to her name.... Joy! We will stay again.

Room Tip: We really didn't need to request far from the elevator as the hotel is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

I am glad you enjoyed those sinful cookies! They are fantastic and you can have as many as you would like. I will pass on your nice comments to the food and beverage team in regards to breakfast and also to Joy! See you next time you visit Grand Junction

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Room was good and so was price. A very smart establishment where we were made to feel very welcome by Leoni on reception.

Ok the extra charge for room Internet is annoying but there is free wi-fi at reception and everything else is excellent.

A good experience

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay. I will pass on your comment to the reception team!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed here the weekend of March 9th for a family fun weekend and it was really nice. Like several of the Double Tree hotels I've stayed in this one is older and a bit dated, though very comfortable and clean with excellent customer service from arrival to departure. Probably the best part was the free breakfast we got for our entire family for being Hilton Honors Gold level members. In the past, other Hilton family hotels have only included breakfast for my wife and me and we ended up paying for our two kids, so this was a great benefit and the quality and selection of food was excellent. We'll definitely stay here again if we happen to be passing through Grand Junction.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brothersross

Thank you for selecting our hotel while coming through Grand Junction. Glad you and your family enjoyed breakfast. I will pass on your comments to my team. We did just start a remodeling project so the next time you come through we will have a fresh new look

Reviewed 15 March 2012

This was a great hotel to stay in. They did a great job and we ordered the romance package and they forgot to put it in the room but when I asked about it they corrected it asap and gave us a cheese and fruit tray in addition to make up for the mistake. It was great service and will stay there again. The only issue that I had was that there was not wifi and I had to pay for internet if I wanted to use it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer N
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us! We value all our guest comments

Reviewed 13 March 2012

No wifi in room and bathtub did not drain. How do you clean a bathtub if it does not drain, I'm just sayin.
Stay across the freeway at the holiday inn,It is way nicer and has wifi in room. That's where I will stay from now on since I frequent the GJ area often for work and play in Moab.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us! I apologize for the tub drain and we have addressed the situation

Reviewed 7 March 2012

So, I work for a hospital in Colorado and needed to do training in Grand Junction. I needed to test internet connection to all my PCs and IPADs. The hotel made me set up an account to get "free" internet access so I could test both the IPAD and my PCs. After setting up a "blue" account I was informed that I did not have "free" internet access and that I needed to be a gold or plantnum member for free internet access.

At $100 a night I would think I could get free access to the intranet... give me a break. So just to write this report and tell you how bad this hotel is... I had to spend $5 bucks. Oh, yeah, I also tried to tell my problems to the front desk but Micheal stated "policy" and said he was unable to assist.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gsommerf
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. I will review and handle accordingly