During a visit to the Southwest, my significant other and I grew tired of where we were currently staying (Moab, UT) and decided one afternoon that we were going to go to Grand Junction. We arrived in Grand Junction sometime in the late evening and I pulled up Hotels.com on my phone to see what places were available. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this Hilton had rooms available, on a weekend, and I could get a king room with a mountain view for about $70! Well, that was enough for us and we booked it immediately. I was overjoyed when we arrived and the front desk attendant (who was very friendly, by the way) checked us in and handed us a couple of the delicious chocolate chip/walnut cookies that the DoubleTree brand is known for. Our room was slightly smaller than some of the other DoubleTree Hiltons in different cities that I've stayed in, but that was ok. The beds were absolutely amazing and when you laid down in them you felt like you never wanted to get up. The furnishings were modern and placed appropriately throughout the room. We made use of the hotels hot tub that evening and although we didn't take advantage of it, we liked the sign displaying a variety of items that we could have delivered to us pool side from the hotel's restaurant until 10pm. The lobby had cookies and hot apple cider in the evenings, which was wonderful making the mad dash in the cold between the hot tub and the warm exercise room. The only negative thing I have to say is that on our last morning there, housekeeping knocked on our door three times to see if we were ready to check out so they could clean the room. There was a knock on the door around 7am, again around 8:30am, and another sometime shortly before we left around 11am. I felt sort of like they were trying to rush us out, but it wasn't a big deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy the breathtaking views and relaxing atmosphere of Colorado's Wine Country. Set amid a backdrop of lush valleys, beautiful mountains and alpine plateaus, The Doubletree Hotel Grand Junction is the perfect getaway for any traveler. Whether you are a professional business traveler or a family looking for a fun-filled vacation, the DoubleTree Hotel is the place to stay! During any season, guests can enjoy a wide array of outdoor activities, including downhill and cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, and vineyard tours. Whether it's a Stay 'n' Play Golf Package in the spring and summer months or a Stay 'n' Ski Package in the cool Grand Valley winters, the DoubleTree Hotel has something for everyone. We are centrally located close to Mesa State College, downtown Grand Junction, shopping, restaurants, and about 15 miles from Colorado's wine country and ski resorts. The Doubletree Hotel encompasses a beautifully landscaped 10-acre property that includes lighted tennis courts, a basketball court, sand volleyball, horseshoe pits, and an outdoor children's play area. A fully renovated Precor fitness center is available 24 hours a day. Guests can relax and soak up the sun at our heated seasonal outdoor pool and year-round jacuzzi. Guests can satisfy their hunger with a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu offered at the Bistro 743 Restaurant or stay in and experience our exceptional in-room dining. We feature nightly specials in our Lounge 743 where you can relax with friends and watch your favorite sports team on one of our three large flat-screen TV's. Check out the local band scene on Wednesday nights or kick off the weekend with Fiesta Fridays! The DoubleTree Hotel also offers more than 12,000 square feet of banquet meeting space, with up to 14 breakout rooms and a Grand Ballroom of 5,000 square feet. Book your meeting with us today! The Doubletree's 273 guestrooms feature the Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree sleep experience with plush-top mattress, luxurious linens, down comforters, and sweet dreams pillows. Guest room amenities include a 37" Flat Screen TV, Complimentary Wolfgang Puck coffee and tea, Neutrogena bathroom products, and a USA Today delivered every weekday morning. Refrigerators and microwaves are available upon request. Your warm chocolate chip cookie is waiting for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Grand Junction Hotel Grand Junction
- Doubletree Grand Junction
- Grand Junction Doubletree