“Comfortable stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Nice little hotel in the Grand Junction, Colorado, close to Arches National Park. The hotel has spacious rooms and nice little pool where you can relax after long day. The bar downstairs is very nice with good selection of food and drinks. Close to the main Utah attractions.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed your stay

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I am not particularly happy with my stay. It started off bad from my booking. After I booked my room, I was sent to a man who was trying to set me up with "free" stuff. After I wouldn't give him my credit card number, he proceeded to tell me I was paranoid and I needed to get out. A little offending...Then, the Doubletree staff proceeded to unlock my room door for acquaintances. I never gave permission for any person other than myself to be allowed in to my room. I was getting married, so I had my dress, extremely valuable jewelry, etc. in the room, so letting unauthorized people in my room was very upsetting. With that said, when I was first assigned my room, I went with all of my wedding luggage to my assigned destination and my key didn't work. There was a staff member in the hall so I told them. They unlocked the door for me, no question. When I opened the door, it was the room of someone else. With all of their things inside. What I am saying is, is that it seems to me way too easy to get in to someone's room without permission. Makes me very uneasy! Other than that though, the staff was very nice. Just not too sure about your policies regarding unlocking doors!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your comments! We take safety and security very seriously and I appreciate you letting me know your concerns. As soom as I became aware of this situation I did follow up with my staff on how to properly handle these kind of situations

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have all had perfect experiences but what happens when things aren't perfect? Does the company act as a great business partner and service provider or do they say tough luck? I had an excellent experience at this Hilton and here is why: I made my reservation by phone but when I arrived the concierge was not able to locate my reservation. I told them the quoted rate and they matched it without question. I greatly appreciate a company that recognizes the potential error and values the customer. Of course, I would not have been offended at all if they called and confirmed with the virtual concierge (who probably accidentally booked me at a different location). The cookie was warm, the bed was great, and breakfast was delicious. Great people invite you and make you feel great and valued. I really enjoyed this stay :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you! Glad our empowered team member could take care of your situation. That is the way it should be. Hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 7 March 2014

As always the room was an excellent value. It was very clean. The clerk was friendly and helpful. No problems whatsoever. The excercize room had a variety of equipment, which were all in excellent working condition. I will definitely stay there again whenever I am in the Grand Junction area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Glad you enjoyed the hotel and our facilities!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We were upgraded to a suite at check in and the room was great. The staff made our experience one of the most memorable we have had. The food was very good and the cookies at check in were delicious. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Friendly and helpful front desk staff; clean through out hotel and aesthetically pleasing lobby, comfortable rooms, older bones yet with updated decor. Surrounded by mountain views from both sides of hotel (rooms) gives you that "Ahhh" sensation when you draw back the curtains in the morning. Rooms, clean and functionally convenient, bed was comfortable and on the soft side. Live entertainment in the bistro/bar on Friday night was an enjoyable way to kick back after a long day driving. Food was mediocre (avoid the kebobs!) but do try some of the local wine selection! Conveniently located at exit 31 off I-70, across the road from the tourist advisory.
* Would give Excellent! for service if all of the employees were as good as the ladies at front desk!

Room Tip: Mountain views from both sides, I looked over the airport & I-70, the traffic noise wasn't t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you! I appreciate your comments in regards to the front office staff, wine selection and food. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Needing more that just a place to sleep, I was able to have all my needs met on site. The fitness center was state of the art. The lounge offered me local craft beer and a half price happy hour menu that provided a gourmet meal at a low price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business