“The hotel to stay in Grand Junction!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I have not a single negative thing to say about this hotel.
The staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful. Check in was quick and the warm cookies were a treat.
The room was spotless and comfortable. The breakfast was the best I had on the whole trip and we stayed in 7 different hotels. It is the only place that actually did sausages that a Brit could be proud of. The selection was ample from fresh fruit to a cooked breakfast.
The hotel had a free shuttle service to the airport and town and it was always available immediately.
The hotel did have a swimming pool and beautiful grounds, we just didnt have time to use them.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

Thank you very much for your feedback! I will certainly share this with the rest of my team. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2010

Have stayed in many Grand Junction properties (Hampton, Courtyard) and have stayed here before, both when it was a Doubletree as well as when it was with other chains. Building has been here a long time. We are HHonors Diamond members and were en route home and just needed to stay 1 night and then get going in morning. Location is good for quickly getting on and off Hwy 70 at Horizon Drive. Room was fine, but we expected a bit more--same sort of in-room amenities as typically get at basic Hamptons. Could not even find a TV channel guide in the room, much less a guide to local restaurants. The fee for internet usage is silly--these places need to get over it already. Not a bad place. The time before in GJ we stayed at downtown Hampton, and now that construction is over downtown, we may just do that next time again. The Doubletree wasn't awful, just not worth the price differential.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank COGuest
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2010

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your recent stay at The Doubletree Hotel. As of September first there is no internet fee for Gold and Diamond members. Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2010

we enjoyed our weekend stay. Room was clean and quiet. Pool and hot tub were clean and nice. Staff were all helpful. No complaints

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to your stay. I will share with the rest of the staff

Reviewed 12 August 2010

My traveling companion made reservations through an online service. I didn't know the rooms were paid for up front and were non-refundable. I gave the desk clerk a credit card for incidentals, and she charged me for my room. Upon learning that the room was already paid for, I told the desk clerk, in person, who assured me, that night and the next morning, that my card wouldn't be charged for the room. It was. I called and was transferred to the accounting office. Her outgoing voice mail suggested email as a quicker way to contact. I emailed. 5 hours later, she emailed back, saying that she'd forwarded my email to someone else, and I'd hear from them within 24 hours. 24 hours came and went with nary a word. I emailed again, this time cc-ing the hotel manager, and got a reply 2 hours later. I asked questions of the manager. I never heard from him. I asked that they compensate me for my trouble and I was told that "confusion over billing is not an excuse for non-payment of services rendered. " I wrote back expressing my dissatisfaction over their mishandling of MY money, and that I believed they owed me something for my trouble. I have not received as yet received a reply. The manager has never contacted me, although I notice he's contacted at least one other person who wrote a review on this site. So much for his priorities.

Also, the hotel smelled. It took a really long time to check in. The rooms on the interstate side have constant traffic noise. The food was average and overpriced. Their refrigeration system was down, so they could only serve bottled beer -- after telling me about all the stuff they had on tap. The lamp in one room was unplugged (and the area behind the table it sat on was filthy). The lamp in the other room simply didn't work.

there are plenty of hotels in Grand Junction. I will not return to this one again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2010

Morning Jim,

I would like to apologize for not responding to you. I am fully aware of your experience here at the hotel and Emily and Cray kept informing me as to what the responses were. Both Emily and Cray are fully aware of how to handle these type of situations and it is part of their job responsibilities. Besides the billing error I did not know that you also had issues with cleanliness until just now. I will review and address those issues with the appropriate staff. Thank you for your comments

Reviewed 27 July 2010

The West & South-West Coast chapters of the Blue Knights had our annual conference at this motel during the end of July, 2010. 300+ of us invaded the motel - most staying at the motel, and others less fortunate staying elsewhere, but all attending meetings and dinners at the motel.

First off, the staff in the restaurant are EXCELLENT! They not only hosted the normal restaurant, but also put on a "light BBQ" our second day here. The BBQ consisted of hamburgers and hot dogs with potato salad and little bags of chips. The had naturally flavored water and ice tea available to drink and cookies for desert. Everything was cooked to perfection and nobody went away hungry. The restaurant staff had originally set up one line to feed everybody, but when they saw that things weren't moving real fast, they hurriedly set up a second line to get everyone through faster. Tonight we have an awards/annual banquet, and I am sure that it will go smoothly also. In addition, I have eaten a couple of meals at the restaurant, and the food was very good and not too costly.

The rooms we got were spacious, clean and well maintained. The A/C worked very well and kept my room at a comfortable 72. It was a welcome respite to come back to a cool room after riding a motorcycle in 90 - 100 degree heat. My room also had a good shower head (funny how you appreciate some of the small things) and big, fluffy towels. The room also came equipped with a large (around 40"?) LCD TV instead of a little TV - not that it got much use. The room also featured a nice desk (where this is being written) and a comfortable reading chair with ottoman and light.

I marked "Value" on this hotel/motel as four stars because I'm not sure what the normal cost for an average traveler would be. As a member of the conference, we received a reduced rate which would increase the "Value" up to 5 stars. The only reason I marked the "Location" down is because it's a little difficult to get into the parking area from the street. You have to wait on a traffic light to get in and out, and it was little confusing when I initially arrived. However, there are several fast food/restaurants and gas stations just down the road, and there was easy access to a major highway.

My only complaint/issue is with internet access. While there is free access in some of the common areas, if you want to access from your room you have to pay an additional $5 for 24 hours. Why is it that the big, fancy motels/hotels make you pay to access the internet, but the smaller establishments have it for free? At this time I have connected (barely) to the LaQuinta hotel across the street to write this.

One other item which will make some people happy and others not so... I am a smoker and this motel does have smoking rooms available. It is a sincere pleasure to be able to fully relax in my room, and not have to run outside to pursue my (bad) habit. Although the room I got was a smoking room, when I arrived it did NOT smell of smoke. Just another thing that made my stay that much more enjoyable.

Overall I have been very pleased with this establishment, and would definitely recommend it to others needing a place to stay in Grand Junction. As a member of the Blue Knights, I would like to thank the management of the motel for providing an outstanding stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
PerNilsson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2010

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at Doubletree Grand Junction. I really appreciate your comments in particular about our food and beverage department. The Blue Knights group was a delight to work with. It was well planned and it was a joy for our staff to have such a great group in our hotel. Thank you very much for all your business and enjoy Doubletree Riverdale next year

Reviewed 21 July 2010

As a Hilton Gold member, I did get a room upgrade here. This is a nice hotel, but nothing out of the ordinary. Rooms were clean and good size. Beds were comfortable. I would say for a Doubletree, this hotel compares more with Hilton's Hampton Inn hotels. Only it has more stories. A big disappointment was that the bar was ridiculously smoky and this drifted through much of the lower restaurant level and pathway to the restaurant. Otherwise, it was an adequate hotel to overnight or spend a few nights.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at Doubletree Grand Junction. I apologize for the smoke in the lounge issue and the issue has now been resolved. Hope to see you back soon

Reviewed 11 July 2010

Very nice and clean and priced cheaper than most big city doubletrees.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
PerNilsson, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2010

Thank you very much for your nice comment!