“Great value accomodation”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Grand Junction
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great value accomodation”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Very conveniently located with friendly staff, nice pool and good breakfast. Rooms clean and well maintained although the ac is a but loud. I was a bit dubious after reading some reviews but was pleasantly surprised; I guess some people expect the Savoy but don't want to pay for it!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We appreciate such positive feedback. We look forward to your next visit to Grand Junction and the Clarion Inn.
Darshann General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The motel was similar to a Holiday Inn, including the extremely over-chlorinated indoor pool that you could smell from quite far away. I will say that their breakfast buffet was better than most - things were actually hot, eggs well cooked and not runny, meat not burned to a crisp - though the seating area was pretty small. It sufficed just fine for an overnight stop, though I likely wouldn't stay here for multiple nights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila P
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel. We know you have a lot of choices out there and we are so glad you chose us. We look forward to your next visit.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I can not figure out how this hotel gets so many good reviews. As others have said, it's old and needs updating, the non-smoking rooms smell like smoke and good luck with the heating/air. What is killing me is how noisy it is. As I lay in bed, I can hear my neighbors talking. Since dogs are allowed, you can hear barking. And there are an absurd number of children running amok all over the place. You would be hard-pressed to find more children at a Disney hotel. I'm not kidding, it's nuts. The breakfast has all the beige essentials - pancakes, waffles, potatoes, bacon... but good luck elbowing your way through the hords of children to get to any of it. I would never stay here again. The one plus is that the bed is fairly comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JMurph40
I would like to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. Normally we are an enjoyable and relaxing place to stay. During your recent visit we were experiencing a high occupancy due to a youth Lacrosse Tournament. With more people comes more activity and noise. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to meet your expectations.
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had to stay here because we got caught in a snow storm. Didn't get much of a discount as a Choice member, but was tired from driving in some snow and part white out conditions. Next morning one of the employees helped us scrape the snow off our vehicle. He was very kind. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Clarion in Grand Junction. As we all know living in Colorado the weather changes at the drop of a hat. I am sorry to hear you got caught in the snow storm. I hope the rest of your trip home was safe and uneventful. Thank you for the positive feedback and I will make sure my maintenance department sees your comments.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Really enjoyed my stay of one night. The staff (all inclusive) were friendly and efficient. The room was great, lots of pillows and a really comfy bed! Slept right through the night. The breakfast, included, was awesome. Just about anything you would like. Eggs, meat, pancakes, cereal, etc....
I would absolutely stay at this motel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and are very glad you enjo0yed your stay.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am very happy with the internet speeds, cleanliness, bedding, and flat panel TV. Also, the staff was very friendly.

Just passing through for the night.

Paid $52 all-in, used priceline's express deals and by selecting a 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Paid $52 all-in, using priceline express deals and selecting 3 star hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank J C
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for the great feedback.
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We usually don't like staying at any hotels for more than a day or two, because they usually feel confining. On this trip we stayed at the Clarion for 9 days, and enjoyed each and every day. The atrium/pool area made us feel like we were at a tropical resort. The hotel is big enough and spread out enough that we did not feel at all confined. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. My most important considerations for a hotel are cleanliness and a comfortable bed. The Clarion exceeded all of our expectations in that regard. The room was very clean, and the bed was as comfortable as our bed at home. This is the only hotel that we will ever stay at when we visit Grand Junction in the future. Many thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor in the back. Very quiet, and good security. You must use your room key to...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Darshann R, General Manager at Clarion Inn Grand Junction, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking your for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide. We look forward to being here for your next great vacation to Grand Junction.
Thanks you